Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Just done one on my AT but the cover from Baglux was £50 a bit on the expensive side but I'm happy with it :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbup: Thanks Digitalcaptive, I found Baglux on their web. looks ok. That's different if you can see a photo ;). I think I'll go for this one. is it easy to fit the cover on?

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
They suggested that you fit it over your original seat cover....which I did....unfortunately you could see marks from the old cover through it so I removed them both and refitted the baglux and it's looking really quite nice, I'm really impressed by the quality of it but then at £50 it ought to be good :rolleyes:

·
Registered
256 Posts
You could look at this thread from when I got my seat done...
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/transalp/41397-recovering-you-seat.html

He is based in Huddersfield West Yorks, but from what he told me, he does do postal orders... or you could send it to me, as I'm not too far from him and would happily take it to him for you.

As for the pics I couldn't post, here they are:

All recovered with the pipework etc for just £40, which I think was great value...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great Titch, I'll give Tony a call. Hope he does postal order, if no I would take the opportunity to your offer and send you the seat. :thumbup:
Many thanks

·
melissa theuriau xxxxx
61 Posts
My previous bike a KTM 950se had the most uncomfortable seat ever so i searched for a new seat or a quality cover and found these guys
Renazco Dual Sport Seats
not cheap but everybody says the best in the business but it was the waiting time 5 months :(
I went out and bought a transalp :thumbright:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I phoned to Tony, guy who done seat for Titch. It looks like he is more expensive now. For seat like Titch done would be 60£ plus posting (approx. 18£ return). Finally I found local upholstery guy who does bike seats re-cover. It’ll cost me 25£ (simple re-cover). Seat should be back on Wednesday so I’ll put photos to show what it is worth :thumbup:

cheers tasman10

·
Registered
256 Posts
I phoned to Tony, guy who done seat for Titch. It looks like he is more expensive now. For seat like Titch done would be 60£ plus posting (approx. 18£ return). Finally I found local upholstery guy who does bike seats re-cover. It’ll cost me 25£ (simple re-cover). Seat should be back on Wednesday so I’ll put photos to show what it is worth :thumbup:

cheers tasman10
Ooopps, looks like I must have promoting him a bit too much, and he's got that much in demand he's put his prices up...;);)

Sounds a cracking price you've got though to do yours, must have piccies when you get it back...:happy7:

Titch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts