Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a sear cover off eBay and when it arrived it doesn't fit as my seat is aftermarket, I have rang three local furniture upholsters and none were even ingested in seeing it. Basically I'm looking for someone to fit the cover as it's really good quality and I love the design

Anyone know of anyone in the east Anglia region who will do this kind of thing.

Great design and quality

But too narrow

And too long

·
Registered
755 Posts
To be honest mate, you're probably best off asking at places like your local shoe / boot restoration / key cutting people, or here in Ipswich there's a couple of Eastern European seamstress shops opened over the last couple of years who are happy to have a go at leather and vinyl. It's a trade that seems to have died a death a bit on Brit high streets over the years and it's nice to see that some people are still skilled at things like this :)

I wouldn't attempt a seat recover myself as I'm sure it would end up looking like a badly wrapped parcel - I'm thinking that you'd like to drop the seat off, pop back in a couple of hours and the job's a good 'un!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I fitted my last cover and I admit I still remember it being a pain in the arse four years later but it split at the seams as the seat is bigger than a standard cover, dropping it off would be wonderful but I can't see that happening

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doing a partial rebuild but my seat has no choice on now so need it sorting for when my wheels come back from central wheels

·
Registered
755 Posts
I bought a sear cover off eBay and when it arrived it doesn't fit as my seat is aftermarket, I have rang three local furniture upholsters and none were even ingested in seeing it. Basically I'm looking for someone to fit the cover as it's really good quality and I love the design

Anyone know of anyone in the east Anglia region who will do this kind of thing.

Great design and quality

But too narrow

And too long

Your options are, I guess: rush it and bodge it (probably feck the cover for future use though), take your time and hope that your inner upholsterer shines :), buy a cheap stock seat from Ebay for the moment. Have to think fast though mate - by the look of that foot, the zombies are just about you get you an your seat :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi as i said in the OP I bought it from ebay, if you have a standard seat then you can buy this one from me if you want at cost price as it has not been used/ stapled at all and you would not have to wait for it to be made for you, as it took nearly a month to arrive. I paid 55 quid for it

let me know if you are interested

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
rd03/04 seat are different to the 07/7a seats. covers are similar but dont fit.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a refund on the cover including them sending a courier to pick it up and then ordered a new seat from topsellerie in France, a dual seat delivered for 166 quid, just need to send my base back when it arrives

1 - 12 of 12 Posts