Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a new one. Have spotted a few on fleabay but before I buy does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions, shops etc for me to consider. Ta

·
Registered
XRV750 RD07
39 Posts
Are you just after a cover or anything more?

If something more, I can highly recommend P&P Seats in Birmingham who re-moulded and re-covered my seat. The re-moulding is more comfortable than standard foam - they basically make their own and trim to fit different styles of seat. They offer different coverings to choose from. This also allows you to re-design the seat, especially, as in my case, I ride a lot two up and the standard seat was very uncomfortable.

If you are interested, you can see what I did here, which I have used for about 28,000 miles and still looks nearly new:
Phil and Dee's Travels: Africa Twin Seat Modification (inbetweendogs.blogspot.com)

If you are just after a standard cover hopefully someone else will advise here.

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HAT - just after a cover really. Id love to get it fully reupholstered but dont really have the sheckles. Ive seen some online videos on how to add a gel pad so might try that but I dont do the miles I used to (previously commuted 80 miles a day, now just 14) so its not that important.

·
Registered
XRV750 RD07
39 Posts
Fair enough! Not sure about gel pads, could have had them in my seat but didn't bother and haven't regretted it. I did hear that gel pads can make the seat hotter - although that would be a good thing in the UK!

Good luck finding a nice cover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thought about covering it yourself? I did mine its not to difficult. Hardest part is finding the material you like

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
842 Posts
I take my seats to be recovered to a local car seat upholsterer with all the tools and expertise. He just charges me £40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts