Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A pal has an AT with what looks like a strip of a different type of material along the middle of the seat. He doesnt know where it came from or what its called...

Im looking for some kind of grip patch? for the TA seat.
Something you could glue on maybe or staple in...

Had a look around and couldnt find anything on it.

Any ideas?

Ta

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Try get some neoprene and glue it on your pants or tyhe seat with good contact glue. Personally i just put a samll square of the previously mentioned antislide used under loose carpets, its like a net. Just put it on there before you ride and take it away when off, simple, cheap, easy and works.

H

·
0 Posts
you can get replacement seat covers for enduro bikes with high grip covers
see which firm sells them and either get a cover made or ask then for a piece of the material.
it is basicaly soft ribbed PVC material
no not the ones that are 3 for a pound in the toilets
suede has also been used but it gets wet

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you can get replacement seat covers for enduro bikes with high grip covers
see which firm sells them and either get a cover made or ask then for a piece of the material.
it is basicaly soft ribbed PVC material
no not the ones that are 3 for a pound in the toilets
suede has also been used but it gets wet
ah haaaa - so im not a weirdo! I was thinking the same thing. I didnt know they came as a cover for the seat. I might fashion one to fit mine.

Good batin think man

·
TV boffin
328 Posts
Ski wax works well as anti-slip for vinyl seats. Not slip wax like on downhill skis - use grip wax like on cross-country skis. I find "red" wax works OK.

Or maybe surfboard wax? Isn't that a form of grip wax? And better yet, it allows you to carry a small tin of the most famous brand: "Sex Wax". That'll baffle the other bikers at the campsites.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts