Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would you send your seat to have it lowered and recovered ? I have just bought a new Vara and i need to have the seat re-shaped to suit my short legs :( Or does Mr Honda do one? Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well done delboy, did you sell the other bikes?

Can't help you with the seat question though...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i traded my VFR but im keeping my Transalp, i love it.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Where would you send your seat to have it lowered and recovered ? I have just bought a new Vara and i need to have the seat re-shaped to suit my short legs :( Or does Mr Honda do one? Thanks.
I have used a local guy to me who is a custom, restoration and prototype vehicle trimmer. I only used him to recover my gasgas seat £25. I asked him about bike seats he said he could do them any design any colour any shape and any material you want but the more the intricate detail the more the price. I can give you his number if you want but i guess it's a bit far for you

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I think i will need to see if i can find a knackered seat and use that as a basis for a re-shape and lowering excercise. Not sure i weant to use a brand new seat for that. Do you know of any by chance ?

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hi Delboy 777,

This is my first post as just joined, I recently had my seat lowered on my 58 (VA-8) but am looking to swap it with a standard for the right conditions. PM me if you would be interested, cost me £240 to have done, new covering, gel pads and lowered by 2". I can send pics etc to any email address you provide. the seat has been on the bike for only 200 miles.

PiemaN101

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Delboy 777,

This is my first post as just joined, I recently had my seat lowered on my 58 (VA-8) but am looking to swap it with a standard for the right conditions. PM me if you would be interested, cost me £240 to have done, new covering, gel pads and lowered by 2". I can send pics etc to any email address you provide. the seat has been on the bike for only 200 miles.

PiemaN101
Hi buddy, i tried to send you a PM but it wont let me send it to you, dont know why. Please send some pics to [email protected].

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok will do, they havent arrived as yet. Please send me your phone no via e-mail so i can contact you and discuss, cheers, Derek

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deal done, thanks very much Jeff be in touch, Derek :D:D:D:thumb:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fortunately,my manager very rarely goes on the bike so it will make no difference. Although, she has agreed to go with me to Knockhill BSBtomorrow, which is a round trip of about 6 hours from here. That will test out the Alp.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fortunately,my manager very rarely goes on the bike so it will make no difference. Although, she has agreed to go with me to Knockhill BSBtomorrow, which is a round trip of about 6 hours from here. That will test out the Alp.
Thats a nice run :thumbup: test out the Alp?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats a nice run :thumbup: test out the Alp?
The heavens have opened up and its forecast stormy later today..........so NO Knockhill im affraid, just wasted £50 on tickets. Note to self, pay at the entrance from now on and dont try to save £3 by buying online :rolleyes:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
50+ mph winds and severe rain storms.................nope not for me, especialy with the manager on the back. If she got a sever soaking she would never go on the bike again..................mmmmmmm, Honey, ive changed my mind we are going :hitler::cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts