Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you find the AT seat a bit errr "bench like" then you need to pay a visit to these kind people:

Mark or Dale Wells

G.A. Wells & Sons
Shepshed
Leicestershire
Tel - 01509 504700

Address:
G.A Wells & Sons
9 Hall Croft
Shepshed
Leics UK
LE12 9AN

They have done 100's of AT's and basically cut out the very hard and dense foam and replace it with a much softer pliable foam.
They can also lower the seat if you wish.
I didn't want the seat lowered so they took less foam out.
The difference is subtle but definately worth it. To be fair its not a complete cure but makes a staggering difference in my opinion.
The seat is also slightly wider which helps as well.
They reuse the existing cover and job is very very professional. You can watch them do it as well. Mine took around 45 minutes so not too long.

But this is the best bit... they do all of this for £15! Yes that's right £15! I was so impressed I gave them £20 and even that was a bargain.
They are car upholsterers normally so they really know their stuff.

Just one thing to remember they aren't making any real profit on this so they only tend to do the seats at weekends or in lunch hours so as not to interrupt their normal work.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some pics of my seat.
Its a little higher than standard as I asked them not to lower it all.
Its also wider.
You'll also notice the scuffing at the rear of the seat as I struggle to get mu leg over cleanly.. Ooooo errr missus :shock:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Ride up... good idea!

I've done 9 hours in the saddle for 7 days and I can live with the AT seat, but I'd like to see what can be done, as mine is starting to keep my shape :(

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Oh I would definitely, it's purely a financial reason why I'm asking. 220 odd miles has got to be more expensive than bunging it in the post?

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode up, but they will do a postal service I believe.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Ooh...is nice!! :D:hello1:

Good work by the guys at GA Wells, it feels a lot plusher.

Now I just need an excuse and some good weather to test it out on a good long run :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can we see some piccies please??

Thanks,

Simon
Plenty of links to pics if you scroll up a bit........ The second post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts