Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Secondary fan for Africa Twins

Made a small batch of those. Some Greek AT rider insisted I made him a set. :D The adapters allow to install an OEM fan on the left radiator for improved cooling in hot weather and slow sections. The brackets are aluminum and must be spot welded onto your rad. I prefered spot welds over stitching because if you damage the rad during a shunt, then you can simply drill out the spot welds and transfer the brackets to the new rad. Fit RD03, RD04 and RD07 radiators. While the original fan is thermostatically controlled, I suggest using a manual switch for the auxiliary fan. The adapters can also be glued. Loctite offers a few products to glue aluminum. Most epoxy glues will work as well as JB Weld.

Those are simply in position. They are not welded.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Lee

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Thats a neat fabrication.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Awesome work... I reckon you could have a nice little sideline going there. Those grills look the business...:thumbright:

·
Registered
12 Posts
These look really good and I've definitely thought of getting an extra fan fitted as the @ def doesn't like the middle of summer in the city....

Any prices and means to purchase them etc? I'd need them shipped international too (S. Korea...)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys

I am just back from a two-days ride/meeting. I will create a new post in the appropriate section for the grills as well as the second fan brackets. I am just too knocked out at the moment. I've had a good night sleep but my head and body are still on the road. ;-)

Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
These look really good and I've definitely thought of getting an extra fan fitted as the @ def doesn't like the middle of summer in the city....

Any prices and means to purchase them etc?
Seconded - Would be very interested in this except shipping to South Scotland instead (a well known, sunny hot-spot :cool:).

Had a few uncomfortable moments even in static London traffic and planning to take it places a lot worse than that!

Will look for the new post when it comes.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice work Lee

·
Island Explorer
55 Posts
Hi friends,
Does somebody have installed this secondary fan?
Please could you post details / pictures on how to best position the fan
on the radiator and which way to connect to a on/off switch on the
handlebar.
Your input would be highly appreciated,
Thanks and cheers,
Chris

·
Island Explorer
55 Posts
Got around to install the secondary fan, glued on with JB Weld - now on to how to best connect it's gonna quite tough I'm an electric dummy....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts