Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL,IVE JUST BOUGHT A PAIR OF REBUILT WHEELS FOR MY DOMMIE,BOTH OF THE NEW RIMS HAVE BEEN DRILLED FOR SECURITY BOLTS.UNFORTUNATELY I DIDNT NOTICE THIS UNTILL AFTER FITTING THE NEW TYRES.ARE SECURITY BOLTS ESSENTIAL FOR SAFETY,IF THE RIMS ARE DRILLED FOR THEM ? I DONT FEEL MUCH LIKE TAKING THE TYRES OFF AGAIN !.:confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
HI ALL,IVE JUST BOUGHT A PAIR OF REBUILT WHEELS FOR MY DOMMIE,BOTH OF THE NEW RIMS HAVE BEEN DRILLED FOR SECURITY BOLTS.UNFORTUNATELY I DIDNT NOTICE THIS UNTILL AFTER FITTING THE NEW TYRES.ARE SECURITY BOLTS ESSENTIAL FOR SAFETY,IF THE RIMS ARE DRILLED FOR THEM ? I DONT FEEL MUCH LIKE TAKING THE TYRES OFF AGAIN !.:confused:
No and STOP SHOUTING.... but if you haven,t got security bolts fitted you should have a small little rubber grommet fitted in place of the security bolt, which you can fit by deflating the tyre and squeazing your fingers in between tyre and rim to fit.:happy2:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Rimlocks do help especially offroading if you get a puncture if your haven't fitted them it's not the end of the world just fit them next time you change the tyre..

No and STOP SHOUTING....

He's not shouting he's typing!!!!... Another pointless grammarless sentence like" i was talking to xxxx on facebook" No you were communicating via facebook unless the 2 people were in the same room both on face book and verbally talking to each other.

Last i heard when you talk to computers or shout at them they don't tend to take much notice. If you do have that talk programme for dictation you then have the pleasure of doing the spell check to correct it all

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice guys,my kids have just explained to me what shouting is,will try not to do it again

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
thanks for the advice guys,my kids have just explained to me what shouting is,will try not to do it again

don't worry mate i stood up for you!!!!!!!!!!:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad to see you took my post in the spirit it was intended....A BIT of FUN.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I think the kids call it PC etiquette...

Going back to your original question you can if you a bit crafty, still fit security bolts without removing your tyre's, just deflate them and with a bit of careful use with a tyre lever you will still get them in.

I run a set of Trellborgs on one of my off road domi's and the wheels fitted now have no sec/bolts fitted I,ve never had no tyre creep, I found over the years and previous bikes tyre creep normally occurs when running low pressures. :thumbup:

·
2,701 Posts
As stated, it only matters if you are running low pressures for off road.

Easy fix for unused holes is a touch of silicone seal to keep water out.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
I stuck duct tape over my rimlock holes as a temporary fix till I got some bungs. That was a few years ago now and the tape is still there.

·
Thinice
105 Posts
As a matter of interest, could you give some details of the wheel rebuild please. I'm sure there are a few like me who have wheels that have seen better days and have considered refurbishing them.

Regards
Thinice

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Rimlocks do help especially offroading if you get a puncture if your haven't fitted them it's not the end of the world just fit them next time you change the tyre..
No and STOP SHOUTING....

He's not shouting he's typing!!!!... Another pointless grammarless sentence like" i was talking to xxxx on facebook" No you were communicating via facebook unless the 2 people were in the same room both on face book and verbally talking to each other.

Last i heard when you talk to computers or shout at them they don't tend to take much notice. If you do have that talk programme for dictation you then have the pleasure of doing the spell check to correct it all

YouTube - handbags

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the wheels ive bought,were bought a few months ago from a guy who regularly sells wheels and rims on ebay as international autos.the pair of wheels i bought had newly powder coated hubs , black powder coated alloy rims,the rear wheel was fitted with a new disc and sprocket and both had new bearings.i have put offroad tyres on the old wheels and road tyres on the new.i think they cost £450 which i thought was very reasonable ,probably about the same price as getting my old wheels rebuilt.well worth checking out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts