1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I didn't realise that the chain links should make such substantial contact with the rubber, I'm sure mine doesn't :confused:

How worn are the teeth on the sprocket? the chain does seem sat low in them (i think)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think it is normal wear, when a chain is new it sits quite high on the teeth, as it beds in it is bound to wear into the rubber, that is what keeps the chain quiet.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it, if it does come off its not going to do anything.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
just changed my chain and sprockets recently and the rubber wasn't worn like that although it did have an inexplicable shape cut out of the inward side...

they do keep the noise down more than i realised as the new (all steel) replacement does make a slight whine.

can you get rubber to stick to the sides of the front sprocket or is it something you'd have to fabricate yourself i wonder???????

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
they do keep the noise down more than i realised as the new (all steel) replacement does make a slight whine.
That explains the new noise coming from your bike then, i wondered why it was making that noise after you fitted a new chain+sprockets.

Getting new ones myself tomorrow :)

Lutin, i wouldn't worry about it too much, so long as the sprocket is in good mechanical order and the chain also then at least nothing `bad` will happen... Strange though... Just looks like wear and tear to me.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I'm not worried about it, it just seemed a bit odd that's all. The chain and sprockets are in fine shape - shows what a Scottoiler can do. :thumbup:

I haven't had to adjust the chain as such since I put it on. The only reason that the back wheel has been disturbed, in all this time, was for fitting new tyres.

The previous sprocket, with seriously hooked teeth, had rather neat little indentations that the chain had made into the rubber. No collapse of the rubber "side-wall" was evident.

Odd, but not very worrying.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts