Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for my test ride today, first time riding a TA and boy was I impressed :D. They are so easy to ride, and very comfy, everything just felt right. It's a 2003 V3 in black and I like it a lot!

I had a loan FZ6, the one with the underseat exhausts for 1 1/2 months over December and January. While it was a good bike it took a lot of getting used to and even at the end of that time I wasn't totally relaxed with it. The TA was instantly 'right'. They let me take it for just over two hours today and I got the chance to ride on everything from dry roads, through snow, hail and a rainstorm! Not particulary nice weather to ride in but it was nice to ride the TA in such a variety of weather and see how it behaved.

Had a price discussion with the dealer after the ride and they came down a bit but not enough for me as yet.

Negotiation continues....

Simon

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have had my 650 for two years and it always feels right, the best choice of bike by far.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rode 2000klms in 3 days on my TA didn't miss a beat on dirt or tar even in 35deg c plus temperatures,also seriously impressed

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
I got the chance to ride on everything from dry roads, through snow, hail and a rainstorm! Not particulary nice weather to ride in but it was nice to ride the TA in such a variety of weather and see how it behaved.

Simon
Given where you are, I expect you once you have got the bike to be leading a ride-out around the fantastic fords you have in N Herts. Ending with Furneux Pelham! :toothy2:

Good luck hammering the dealer down. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Given where you are, I expect you once you have got the bike to be leading a ride-out around the fantastic fords you have in N Herts. Ending with Furneux Pelham! :toothy2:
That's somewhere I've not been for a couple of years. Up until last autumn I had a 110 Defender, that went through there several times. Never as high as the legendary bonnet lapping height my mates talk about but deep nevertheless.

Standon ford is another good one, not as long as Funeaux but I've seen it much deeper. Coming just over the top of my bonnet.

I've never ridden a bike through water, not sure I'd want to start there! The TA is going to be a road only bike for me, if I keep my Serow than hopefully I'll get that dirty.

That red TA looks lovely Lutin, a bit far away though!

·
Registered
181 Posts

Good luck hammering the dealer down. :D
You mean like this one;

I'm more of a tarmac tourer but if anyone fancies a ride through the three counties ride, Herts, Cambs & Essex, including this ford as part of the route then I'm your man.

Oh and this ain't my bike. I had an F800ST which was in on warrenty issues and this was my loaner (ssshhhhh)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts