Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home at 05:30 this morning and dumped the oil and removed the filter.
Replaced the filter and oil then set about changing the coolant, removed the fairing and seat and tank.
Drained the coolant, decided to changed the top spark plugs as I only ordered two:sign6: thought as I am this close I will check the tappits, Rears perfect front exhaust flapping in the wind, front inlets one perfect and one too tight.
Thousands of curses and cuts and scrapes later got them set.:D
Refilled the rad and replaced the airbox and filter, next time I will use K&N singles one per carb. Cleaned all the hidden bits as I inspected them and rebuilt the bike. Connected the tank and replaced the fairing and fitted the Givi screen and fired it up perfect tickover no leaks and everything that should work does Just finished and am exhausted.
Tomorrow will get the brake bleeding kit and do them and replace the last two plugs, twentyfour thousand mile service will then be complete:D:D
I had almost forgotten how satisfying it is doing the work myself, also the weather was perfect for working out side but I would rather have been out riding. So after a full nights work and a full day servicing the bike I have been up for 25 hours.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Strange is this, I serviced my TA last week after a silly o`clock call out to the prison I work in, found the same tight and loose tappets, but did remember to get 4 plugs:rolleyes: (Sparkplugs.co.uk good price))
agree, it is a good feeling to know the job is done right, even if it was on overtired adrenaline.

55 Plate TA Nice and Silver

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got home at 05:30 this morning and dumped the oil and removed the filter.
Replaced the filter and oil then set about changing the coolant, removed the fairing and seat and tank.
Drained the coolant, decided to changed the top spark plugs as I only ordered two:sign6: thought as I am this close I will check the tappits, Rears perfect front exhaust flapping in the wind, front inlets one perfect and one too tight.
Thousands of curses and cuts and scrapes later got them set.:D
Refilled the rad and replaced the airbox and filter, next time I will use K&N singles one per carb. Cleaned all the hidden bits as I inspected them and rebuilt the bike. Connected the tank and replaced the fairing and fitted the Givi screen and fired it up perfect tickover no leaks and everything that should work does Just finished and am exhausted.
Tomorrow will get the brake bleeding kit and do them and replace the last two plugs, twentyfour thousand mile service will then be complete:D:D
I had almost forgotten how satisfying it is doing the work myself, also the weather was perfect for working out side but I would rather have been out riding. So after a full nights work and a full day servicing the bike I have been up for 25 hours.
Enthusiasum and perseverance. I like it. Let us know when I can book mine in.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Well done.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I did not mention was due to the limited access and tightness of the nuts I used a socket to loosen them.
Bad Idea as it dropped into the head and took 1/2 an Hour to get out.
I still ache now but am well satisfied.:D:thumbup:

·
Unsteady Eddi
170 Posts
:) i know what you mean... i have just got a 600TA (my first bike) and im slowly doing servicing bits...i want to check the valves and such.. but im going to ask for help from a friend on that :)
im sure it wouldn't be that hard if i just took it one step at a time. but im not very good at reading manuals.. haynes or other wise

so far I have done my oil+ filter change, air filter, coolant (needs to be redone with antifreeze that doesn't have fur growing in it, tyres (being shown) and front and back brakes pads. even adjusting the chain after a friend messed it up...

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finished bleeding/replacing brake fluid. Kept pumping and replacing fluid until I was sure it was new,locked off the bleed nipple and now the pedel and lever don't move. GREAT Thought go for run check for Leaks e.c.t. Bike wont start.:confused:
No immobilizer light, Just stripped the bike down to check the wiring as per haynes, every thing seems fine except no power to black/white side of icu:( check the wiring diagram, as it is on my computer, it shows it going to the KILL SWITCH go back to bike and switch it on and hey pesto power and it starts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts