Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that is my reading of the response from the government to the petition on funding the mountain rescue services.
Just got this through, which, roughly translated out of government speak, is sod off and stop whingeing.
The Government recognises the important role that voluntary organisations like Mountain Rescue play in responding to emergencies. In the UK this work is largely focused at the local level where the statutory responders such as the emergency services and local authorities are best placed to consider the skills and resources of the voluntary sector in the light of local circumstances. Engagement of the voluntary sector by statutory local responders - who together form the Local Resilience Forum - is required under Regulations to the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
To support the local establishment of emergency planning and response arrangements, funding for civil protection is through central allocations to the statutory organisations. For instance, financial support of local authorities in England and Wales, which Cabinet Office is responsible for, was more than doubled under Spending Review 2004 to £40.7 million each year. The statutory services bear the responsibility for the overall emergency response at the local level, and the Government approaches the funding of this work with full appreciation of this responsibility.
The Government believes that the question of costs incurred by voluntary organisations in operational support of local responders should be addressed by Local Resilience Forum partners at the planning phase when agreements or protocols can be drawn up to ensure that all parties are fully aware of resource implications prior to an emergency.
We still think what you do is great.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
:D they'd soon complain if we stopped providing the "local" service though wouldn't they and asked the statutory services such as police to search mountainous areas taking them away from the investigation and prevention of crimes, or the paramedics to abseil down a cliff face to extracate a injured climber

Now look what you've done, you've started me whinging :cool:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Yeah shurrrup whinging ya big girlie :rolleyes: Oh wait .... :rolleyes::D

Bit like the RNLI - an organisation close to my heart - entirely funded from donations by the public, not a penny of government subsisity since 1869 when it was the NIPLS (national institution for the preservation of life from shipwreck) and over 6000 people assisted at sea every year and more than 1500 lives saved every year.

But we DOOO have a few trillion dollars to chuck at a war that noone wants.

Give me strength......

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
bunch o feckin shiesters running this country:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Be a different story if one of them sprained an ankle or broke a finger nail.

Someone should organise a little field trip for those that talk that kind of nonsense, and send them out with a buch of ill equipped chav and chavettes to see what kind of trouble they could get themselves into, and more to the point NOT OUT OF!!

Never needed your assistance yet sharibee but by eck' I'm sure i'd be glad of it if I got in a pickle!! I'd rather go home embarrased than not at all! I always donate to Mountain Rescue, Air ambulance, and definately the RNLI! keep up the great work guys n gals!

bunch o feckin shiesters running this country:mad::mad::mad::mad:
It's just the daft leading the increasingly daft, for example:

I had parked my bike on a peice of pavement outside the site I work on in view (and in reach might I add!! :angryfire::angry5::mad: :D) of my crane.

The road is closed because of the proximity to site and because it is used for loading/unloading waggons etc.

My bike was parked such that should anyone, for no apparent reason, want to use said piece of pavement in even a wheel chair or with a double pram (if such a thing still exists!), then there was sufficient room.

A traffic warden got the gate man to call me on the radio and tell me I had half an hour to get down and move it or I'd get a ticket! WHAT! He then went on to explain that I was ok to put it on the other side of the road on the other pavement (imagine mirror image?!?!?!?!?) WHAT!.

:argue:

I got on the radio and tried to reason with him.......pointless.......so I told him;

it was not causing an obstruction, that he was being a pathetic jobsworth, was probably bullied at school and probably still is in now, is wasting public resources and funding, and making the already bad Newcastle parking problem worse, as I would have to resort to just using a full parking bay for my bike in future if even responsibly parked bikes are being targeted.

His response was telling me that talking like that would just get me a ticket anyway or my vehicle removed. Muppet!! at least I had my say! :D:rolleyes:

Hmmm...... he was on the site boundary and loading area with no hard hat, no high vis, and no idea :shock: I was now just a few feet above him!?! :evil4: You have no idea how tempting it was to rattle his teeth with a slap from my chains. ;):D

As for getting it removed!! HA!! I reckon with 4 1/2 tonne at the end of the stick I could do a small HIAB truck!! :thumbup::D and deposit it somewhere inconvenient for sh!&s n giggles!! I'd loose my job but boy would it be worth it!! :happy6:

In the end I just chucked my keys down for someone to move it onto the other pavement. Pointless but cheaper!:D:confused::D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I was now just a few feet above him!?! :evil4: You have no idea how tempting it was to rattle his teeth with a slap from my chains. ;):D
Maybe we could have watched it live on "Yeticam":D:D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
............ paramedics to abseil down a cliff face to extracate a injured climber ..............
Not on your ferkin life !!!! my sphyncter does not clamp down tight enough for that !! Wee Jack is no Mr Yeti !!! Wee Jackeeeee no likeeeeee high up places - oh no !! I get vertigo climbing on to the KTM !!!

Imagine?? trusting your life to a wee bit o rope about the thickness of yer pinkie ????? No No No !!!

I can do FAST
I can do WATER
I can do COLD
I can do BLOOD, GUTS, and GORE

But no "up there" thank you !!!

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Maybe we could have watched it live on "Yeticam":D:D
I've lost my free wireless! :( no more unsecure networks floating about that my card can see. I'm hoping to make a DIY ariel typa thing to increase my range! :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts