Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have in my hands (well its on the desk upstairs) a copy of the Honda AT service manual courtesy of Malcolm.
I also have a scanner. :)
The two have met and after much gnashing of teeth and much effort, I have an electronic version of the service manual. Well to be precise loads and loads of images representing each page.
I'm not sure how to present these...... either as individual pages or as a pdf with all the pages together.

Suggestions.....?

A

·
0 Posts
Maybe a pdf per chapter, and a good index? In case of a problem, lookup the index and see which chapter to download. Saves the trouble of downloading all, which of course still is possible.

But that's just me.

Cheers,
Tijn.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Dave
which models does it cover?
I have a similar pdf of the Haynes, which covers the AT 750 & TA 600/ 650 models, unfortunately i have an RD03 650 AT so i have to guess between the models.
regards posting the pdf, i tried sending a copy to one of our american friends on a pm but at 54mb it wouldn't go!
if it/ they could be "hosted" on a web site somewhere, then we could all "borrow" it like a library, without having to make "copies"
:D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have more of a problem with the Haynes from a personal point of view as its a separate company who have been good enough to invest time and effort in producing a manual for the AT and need to recoup their costs and collect a profit.
IMHO Honda have finished making the AT and have therefore less to complain about if the workshop manual is shared about. Technically its still the same issue though. I would imagine though that Haynes would protect their copyright much more vociferously than Honda. I may be proved wrong though!

I assume the manual is for the RD07 but I haven't checked, and if we decide to upload it, it will only be able to be seen by logged in and registered forum users. So Google won't find it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
DaveS said:
I have more of a problem with the Haynes from a personal point of view as its a separate company who have been good enough to invest time and effort in producing a manual for the AT and need to recoup their costs and collect a profit.
Could not agree more, you can save yourself a multitude of the price of a Haynes manual by using it for a single service, but no, people will always want to save even more. I truly hope Haynes will survive these web-based thieving practices.

Must say the Honda manuals go a step further than the Haynes manuals, esp if you want to rebuild your engine. I got my hands on the NTV manual, was not cheap, but everything is in there in great detail.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dave.

Have you got written descriptions for each scanned image? I could write a list of links relating to the scans then pop open a window to display the image. Similar to the fiches but a written list instead of thumbnails.

Reckon a pdf would be too big for those on slower machines.

Let me asap as i've some spare time at work at the mo, not sure how long this will last though.

Cheers

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
vodka tester
476 Posts
spot on.....

why could you not have posted this 3 weeks ago ?
i bought the haynes manual !!

anyway downloaded and saved Ta !

Roy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts