Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My winter project is coming along nicely and I like it so far
The rear shock at present is from a zx6r but I think it is to soft.
I have seen 3 other shocks I am interested in.
Hagon
Wilbers ( no preload)
Wilbers more expensive but has a dial( able)setting
I know it's a personal choice but do you have a wilbers or a hagon Shock? If so please share your thoughts/ recommendations

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!

My rear shock ('92 domi) near to die. I looked at YSS. Other alaternative is a stock shock from DL650/DL1000. They are quite cheap, because they change it for better one. This bikes heaver than domi, seams to suitable to me even for off-road.

Don't try them yet.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Before i went to twin shocks on my scrambler i had a Wilbers shock, i went for the one with adjustable damping and had it made slightly shorter than stock to suit the style of the bike i was putting together, it was no extra charge to make it shorter.
the shock worked beautifully , taut but compliant i never felt the need to adjust the damping , it was spot on how it came ,
the Hagon is possibly ok but a bit more cheap 'n' cheerful

·
Registered
12 Posts
Apologies for asking a question on your thread Whoisdc, but as you are talking shock:cool:

I have a cut down domi, and I'm not really happy with the finished ride height, does anyone know if there is a marginally longer shock that would be a suitable replacement? Alternatively a much stiffer shock, its not helping that my original is now quite soft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts