Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 20 years of wearing flip up helmets, up to a certain (low) price. yeah i know...finally in a position to get the helmet that ticks most of my boxes, price...sky limit.

so, i had a list of the lids that i fancy. twas a big list, until i went to local Schuberth etc shop. 1 min away. ohhhh...... E1, C4, C3 PRO. E1 not in my size, C4 felt light BUT couldn't be described as comfy, hard? & The inner padding did change as the liner will not have interchangeable parts for better fit. Bluetooth with built in antenna etc, but the helmet felt rattly cheap. C3 pro, felt good, fitted well, easy use internal sun visor, a modified C3 can't be bad. THEN i tried the flip front, i realize it takes a while to be 100% natural. But i've had 10+ flip up helmet, all 10x easier to flip up. Even without gloves, not easy. & was told E1 same system. i live on my bike, live in town centre, so flip front & internal sun-visor (mainly for wind blast up to 40+, then flip down) get used a lot! i left the shop a little gutted.

needs

good fit, feels good/robust, ease of flip front & sun-visor, good with rain

wishes

carbon fibre
light
quietish
bluetooth
light sensitive main visor
graphics

Looks like my dream helmet, would be something like a lazer monaco pure carbon, that fits like a shoei/arai etc, with an internal sun-visor to complement the Lumino visor (photochromic) .

lazer-monaco-pure-carbon-p_14353941f.jpg
Q0Q0QTREQ0MxNUM4NkEzMzAxNkE6YzVjZTUzYjY0MmFiZDhhMzM3Y2YwMTQ5MzA4NDE5N2Y6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

i know afew helmets that would fit my needs, but i'm thinking about the neotec or bmw system 7 carbon (not arsed about the open face stuff), if there are daily users of these 2, any advice on good points, ease of use, breakages, weak points, wind etc would be most welcome

4290.970x0.jpg
P90243428-bmw-helmet-system-7-carbon-black-1447px.jpg
download.jpg
[h=1] mc7102863_1_1.jpg [/h]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts