Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I will be heading to Wales at the end of the week and while I don't expect any issues I will be happier if I had breakdown cover. I actually have a new insurance policy starting on the 14th February with adequate cover but nothing before then.

Is it possible to get short term cover like a month or a weekend and if so any recommendations? I have found some cheap quotes for a years cover so may just have to get that unless I take a chance. Although Wales is a lovely place I don't fancy staying there forever just yet.

Jamie

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Jamie,I'm driving my van to Telford (bike event) on to Liverpool the 18th and then back to London. If the sh*t really hits the fan I could detour for you. PM me if you need my number.
Nick.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Jamie,I'm driving my van to Telford (bike event) on to Liverpool the 18th and then back to London. If the sh*t really hits the fan I could detour for you. PM me if you need my number.
Nick.
Hey Nick, I'm away that week otherwise we could have hooked up for a catch up. Hope you're well matey

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Nick,

really appreciate the offer, my new insurance kicks in on the 14th so I should be OK for then. Work would sack me if I stayed away too long although the thought of never going back does sound good sometimes. Then I remember I have a child, demanding other half and a mortgage :)

If I did get stuck I guess I could do one of those shipley things to get the bike home if need be. I think I will risk it without official cover. Although I will ask the new recovery company if they can cover me a few days early.

I ordered a mobile jump start thing, the chain is new ish, replaced the rear pads. Only thing to go wrong is the ....... Not going to say it.

Even loaded the bike up yesterday with all the gear to test the set up. Bit heavy but something I will get use to. Thanks again for the offer.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Don't worry Jamie i got AA cover at worst you can use it to get back to my place and leave it there until i can fix it or drop it home for you :thumbup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Fred, I'm all set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts