Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I tried our new tent out this weekend on a short trip to Whitby. Only took one photo though.

·
2,701 Posts
Look's good Austin :cool::cool:

did you set a real fire inside like real *****'s ? :rolleyes::blob6:

seriously though,they dont apear to have an inner tent, was it warm enough?

look's like you got to ckeck if it's waterproof or not.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look's good Austin :cool::cool:

did you set a real fire inside like real *****'s ? :rolleyes::blob6:

seriously though,they dont apear to have an inner tent, was it warm enough?

look's like you got to ckeck if it's waterproof or not.
Its brill, loads of room - too much actually - all our stuff was just strewn all over the floor teenager style. It is very airy insidebut not drafty. I have added some extra pegging points to the snow skirt to keep drafts down though. You can get inner tents for them but it would spoil the experience.

We didn't have a fire this time but it does come with a little burner (like a miniature brazier) that clips to the pole. I tried a 1/3rd of one of those barbecue logs in it in the garden and it works really well, it would be very very warm with a wood fire going though.

The tent is waterproof as we had quite a shower overnight - some of the pic is a bit pixellated and makes it look like its wet thru, its not its made from siliconised ripstop nylon. Very strong and very waterproof.

The tipi is 4metres diameter and about 10feet high. Goes up in 10minutes and is brilliant. Recommended:thumbup:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Looked at the tepi tens but found they were expensive. Do you have a liner and was it expensive?:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine via ebay. Local-ish seller so went to see one up in his garden and bid him quite a bit less than the buy it now price which he took.

The guy is 1/2 swedish and buys a dozen or so direct from Helsport when he visits the "family's island" in Sweden.

he has them constantly on ebay...... try this link.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Helsport-Tipi...ryZ16041QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bugger - just noticed the Buy it now price is the same as what I bid him. It used to be £330. Offer him £250, I reckon he will take it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts