Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2002 R1150GS, its done 75,000 miles, is this something I should be worried about ? Rest of the bike looks top nosh, but I am worried about the high mileage, J, Mom, Vadar, Chad or anyone else ? should I be worried ? I appreciate that I won't get a reply for sometime from the Welsh contingent as they are no doubt down the pub celebrating :rolleyes:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
they're celebrating, pete's in hiding.............

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think the 1150 is the better bike, milage is not a problem if looked after, as for Final drives.......

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
I am looking at a 2002 R1150GS, its done 75,000 miles, is this something I should be worried about ? Rest of the bike looks top nosh, but I am worried about the high mileage, J, Mom, Vadar, Chad or anyone else ? should I be worried ? I appreciate that I won't get a reply for sometime from the Welsh contingent as they are no doubt down the pub celebrating :rolleyes:
I would not be worried, if the price is right, check out the service history main dealer or individually done as they are easy to service the faster than the @ for servicing, timing marks on the right of the engine for doing the valves.

check for oil leaks around the clutch housing and listen to the sound they are rattley at start up, take her for a long test ride to get the feel of the clutch and the way it handles when you get back check her over for leaks. they are a brilliant bike I did thirty plus thousand miles on mine and it loved it.
With parts I found BMW' s prices cheaper than factor prices when it came to buying parts,
The rear shock will need changing every 25>30 thou alternator belt they say 16 tho.
Speak to chad if you buy one he is using some special black magic oil in his and Pete's final drive and gear box.
The BMW you either love them or hate them.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would not be worried, if the price is right, check out the service history main dealer or individually done as they are easy to service the faster than the @ for servicing, timing marks on the right of the engine for doing the valves.

check for oil leaks around the clutch housing and listen to the sound they are rattley at start up, take her for a long test ride to get the feel of the clutch and the way it handles when you get back check her over for leaks. they are a brilliant bike I did thirty plus thousand miles on mine and it loved it.
With parts I found BMW' s prices cheaper than factor prices when it came to buying parts,
The rear shock will need changing every 25>30 thou alternator belt they say 16 tho.
Speak to chad if you buy one he is using some special black magic oil in his and Pete's final drive and gear box.
had an 1100 bought it at 10K and sold it at 60k felt the same at both mileages....

Final drive not really a problem on 1150. Check for corrosion on front end and play at the back wheel;;;

Personaly I just got a varadero 2001 with 16K miles for less money than probably you'll pay for the 1150... Its your call

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts

J has coverd all the bases:thumbup:

these bikes just get better as the mileage get piled on so providing its been well looked after then go for it:cool:

servicing a bike has never been easier or cheaper by comparison honda pull your pants down and smack your ass on the price of bits comparered to BMW:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts