Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a quick look back through the other pages but couldn't see a thread like this so here goes...

Up at the Hafren Enduro in 2008.

Nice & clean before I started getting it dirty down in Sussex. Eastbourne in the distance.

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Here she is, my pride & joy!

Can't wait to finish my move and ride the bike again!

JB

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I do like those Adventures...I even sat on one up at the Dirt Bike show last year so's to get a feel for them.
Not sure what I want for some touring around Europe in September.

In the meantime...

Just out of the box...0000 miles...straight from the factory.

Cross rutted in Kent.

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you mean the first picture? If so, the front one hold a spare 21" inner tube, which is good for front or rear, & the rear bag holds the tools.
The photo was taken at the beginning of the 3rd lap of the 2008 Hafren Enduro up in Wales where it's 45 or so miles per lap, & you don't want to get caught out in the middle of nowhere up in the outback of the forest.
I prefer to have the gear on the bike rather than a tool roll in a bumbag.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
SPG;463992 A few shots of my far too clean Adv 950 said:
Why didn't you just get a Superduke or a Supermoto?

just asking :D

Bob.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
This is what a KittyM should be doing :D Same as a BMW GSA.:D:D

This is the driver young STAN

And the BMW

Big Bikes, BIG BALLS,

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts

just asking :iconbiggrin:

Bob.

Simple really Bob,
the Superduke has no weather protection, luggage etc , the Supermoto is a fantastic bike and i was really tempted BUT and its a BIG but , the Adv gives me so much more than any other bike i have ever owned, and the word that best discribes it is "Presence", she is big, Orange and loud. But she is also comfortable exciting and thanks to the idiot at KTM who said Charlie and Ewan would not get round the world she is still fairly rare.
I have tried her off road ,but for me she is just too big and heavy.
I have fitted the tubless rims so that i can get some more road bias rubber onto her ( also to lower the bike a tad as well )as the wife and I tend to spend a fair bit of time abroad on the bikes.
I have a great DRZ that comes out most weekends so i can go and play in the mud( dust at the moment ) leaving the Adv for the long runs and camping etc.
Thanks for asking the question Bob as it has made me think about how much the Adv does for me , it ticks most of the boxes that i needed ticking .
SPG

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts

just asking :iconbiggrin:

Bob.

Simple really Bob,
the Superduke has no weather protection, luggage etc , the Supermoto is a fantastic bike and i was really tempted BUT and its a BIG but , the Adv gives me so much more than any other bike i have ever owned, and the word that best discribes it is "Presence", she is big, Orange and loud. But she is also comfortable exciting and thanks to the idiot at KTM who said Charlie and Ewan would not get round the world she is still fairly rare.
I have tried her off road ,but for me she is just too big and heavy.
I have fitted the tubless rims so that i can get some more road bias rubber onto her ( also to lower the bike a tad as well )as the wife and I tend to spend a fair bit of time abroad on the bikes.
I have a great DRZ that comes out most weekends so i can go and play in the mud( dust at the moment ) leaving the Adv for the long runs and camping etc.
Thanks for asking the question Bob as it has made me think about how much the Adv does for me , it ticks most of the boxes that i needed ticking .
SPG
:thumbleft:

·
A Dad with longlegs
226 Posts
Doesn't orange look good in the snow.

Didn't need a stand that day.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here's my beastie.

On the ring of Bear, West Ireland after the TLD.

I've now had it 5 weeks and done 4.5k :thumbup: Its had a 2 into 1 fitted to make room for the extra fuel tank and the emission systems removed and capped off.

Just getting all the kit ready for the HUMM and 2 weeks climbing in the Pyrenees afterwards.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Here's my beastie.

On the ring of Bear, West Ireland after the TLD.

I've now had it 5 weeks and done 4.5k :thumbup: Its had a 2 into 1 fitted to make room for the extra fuel tank and the emission systems removed and capped off.

Just getting all the kit ready for the HUMM and 2 weeks climbing in the Pyrenees afterwards.

Nice looking bike :thumbleft: does the 2 into 1 make a lot of difference?

cheers, Bob.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts