Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the saga of Reggie....now AKA SICK NOTE..(The dog we "rescued" back in March....See Avatar) continues.

Broken tooth a few weeks ago...= £500 ish.

Operation last Monday week..Intestinal blockage...(so-called Tuff Toys)...+ £1050 ish

Right now being operated on again Intestinal blockage....Still got the stitches in from last one....As sure as I can be it's not something new he swallowed.......+ £ ????

Vet just rang(3a.m)....Cut into intestine to remove rubber piace from toy..Bill will be significantly more than previous Op..(Tell Kids to become Vets !!)

Isn't insurance a wonderful thing ......:rolleyes: :)

I just wish I could have insured my old Dad so he'd be treated with some respect instead of being tucked away in a smelly NHS side ward to die a slow messy death while his doctors seem distracted by indecision/ disinterest and fail to communicate properly with his family (or that's how it seems).....Does anyone EVER see a consultant?

I wish I could do him the same favour I'd do for young Reggie in the same circumstances.......

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Don't be such a cynic. You can see a consultant, in fact probably 2 or 3 of them, whenever you want.

Here's how to find them:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps...

Yeah...Probably with some of their Freemason Taxi Driver mates......:rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

At least they're just wasting their OWN time !...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I just wish I could have insured my old Dad so he'd be treated with some respect instead of being tucked away in a smelly NHS side ward to die a slow messy death while his doctors seem distracted by indecision/ disinterest and fail to communicate properly with his family (or that's how it seems).....Does anyone EVER see a consultant?

I wish I could do him the same favour I'd do for young Reggie in the same circumstances.......
Cabby this is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for you Dad and all of your family. I don't have the words to express here, but my thoughts are with you.

But as for Reggie. The chap who works for me has a dog just like that and he brings him into work. He's an absolute nutter. He will eat ANYTHING. Brooms are his most favourite. We keep the door between the shop and the warehouse open during the day and hares at around 90 miles an hour up and down all the aisles in the shop, through the door, a 90 degree turn through the counter and then all the way round the shop, and back again, and again, and again. They're gorgeous dogs but definitely a handful.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles fella :( .

I hope that you get some good luck soon. (seems to be a "Bad luck" ) epidemic goin round at the mo :confused: :confused: :confused: .

Sorry to hear about your Dad mate.:(

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
I know how frustrating the NHS can be, my old man nearly died a couple of years back due to their treating acute prostatitis with an aspirin & sending him home, where he developed scepticemia &.... anyway, he made it, but no thanks to the NHS. The next time he's ill i'm going back to fetch him, & i'll get him treated over here.

sympathys ( for what they're worth)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
bad news dude i it seems the only way to get anything sorted now days its to throw vast amounts of money at it bupa etc...and your feekin vet better have you on his xmas list;)

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
Years ago James Herriot wrote about how being a vet was harder following the war as they had to send bills to their clients, but people were getting used to services like the NHS being "free". He said people didn't seem to understand why they should have to pay, and why it was sometimes very expensive.

Maybe its starting too look like paying bills isn't such a bad deal, when at least you can expect to get proper service for it :( Trouble is you have to pay in taxes for the NHS treatment you can't get plus a bill for the BUPA treatment you can get :mad:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made an appointment and saw the consultant and to keep it short, things are moving again (we hope)...

Just want to give my dad a little quality of life near the end (if that's the case).

Shook the consultants hand and commented that Eastbourne was a nicer place than the Inner London hospital where he'd trained......Cue quizzical look. :confused:

Just thought I'd subtly let him know I was paying attention.......This web thing is great for quick research, isn't it. :)

Reggie is still in the Vet's racking up the room service......They took him for a walk on Wimbledon Common apparently :confused: .........Prob'ly wanna practice lookin' like a Chav (Everyone loves this dog for some reason)

Thanks to you all for your support.......It really does help....:)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Made an appointment and saw the consultant and to keep it short, things are moving again (we hope)...

Just want to give my dad a little quality of life near the end (if that's the case).

Shook the consultants hand and commented that Eastbourne was a nicer place than the Inner London hospital where he'd trained......Cue quizzical look. :confused:

Just thought I'd subtly let him know I was paying attention.......This web thing is great for quick research, isn't it. :)

Reggie is still in the Vet's racking up the room service......They took him for a walk on Wimbledon Common apparently :confused: .........Prob'ly wanna practice lookin' like a Chav (Everyone loves this dog for some reason)

Thanks to you all for your support.......It really does help....:)
good to hear its leveling out mate;)

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yep keep yer pecker up mate.... ;):love2:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
All our thoughts are with you as we know how tough it is:sad5:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles mate.

I was luckier than you when my dad had his stroke last year it took a week for him to die. In this time he was treated with the utmost respect, he was washed and shaved regularly and was always clean and tidy. I couldn't have asked for better treatment for him. Being a bit of a cynic I thought it maybe because of a certain XRV site member but there were two other men in the same ward in the same condition and they received the same treatment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts