1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

Chad is on the mend :thumb:

Nick (Sohoeasy) seems to be up and about :thumb:

Whealie, Frad and Meesh need to report in, are you recovering?

Have I missed anyone? problem shared is a problem halved and all that :-D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Oh I recon this place is full of the mentally ill :toothy10:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
And how are you doin' Bob ?......on course, I hope. :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I am 99% recovered. Another week or so of not lifting anything heavy and then I am allowed out to play.:D Been running and cycling though already.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Top man :thumb:

I am 99% recovered. Another week or so of not lifting anything heavy and then I am allowed out to play.:D Been running and cycling though already.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
You being the being the leader of course :hitler: :D
yup i confirmed that when the prat came here this morning to recover with a hot coffee and move the tiger for me after spending some time rolling around in the mud on the lanes hereabouts :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
yup i confirmed that when the prat came here this morning to recover with a hot coffee and move the tiger for me after spending some time rolling around in the mud on the lanes hereabouts :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
I was NOT rolling around in the mud.I was attacked by the the "Essex Swamp monster" which only comes out when we have a drought :toothy10:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
I was NOT rolling around in the mud.I was attacked by the the "Essex Swamp monster" which only comes out when we have a drought :toothy10:
he's standing in for the ice fairys at the mo:D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Reporting in Bob :hitler:

Back in February just after the Welsh invasion, I had a scan following the radiotherapy that finished just before Xmas, good and bad good the tumour in my post nasal space was showing 'no activity' but the bad news was they found another tumour in my back !!!!!

So another 4 blasts of radio and so far so good, at least the pain in my back has been sorted and now they are weaning me off the morphine. I should be back on the Orange monster again soon :D:D:D

So it's been eventful in our household again:confused:

Live every day never has my signature been so true :thumbup::thumbup::thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Reporting in Bob :hitler:

Back in February just after the Welsh invasion, I had a scan following the radiotherapy that finished just before Xmas, good and bad good the tumour in my post nasal space was showing 'no activity' but the bad news was they found another tumour in my back !!!!!

So another 4 blasts of radio and so far so good, at least the pain in my back has been sorted and now they are weaning me off the morphine. I should be back on the Orange monster again soon :D:D:D

So it's been eventful in our household again:confused:

Live every day never has my signature been so true :thumbup::thumbup::thumbright:
Good to hear - we must meet up soon

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Keep your chin up Rob, good to hear from you again.:thumbup:

I think this thread should be split into two sections ..... sick .... and sick in the head ( to include certain bavarian gentlemen :D:D )

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Thanks Bob almost there !
Distcharged/signed off from the London Hospital fifteen days ago and my final physio visit will be May 23rd at 2.00pm………. At 04.00am May 24th I'll be on the boat to Dunkirk ! What ain't fixed now never will be !! :D

On the the day I nearly met my maker. Cabby's mom had a stroke. He and his wife have spent some 150 weekends looking after her since. (I did manage to drag him up the Stella,at least ) What I'm saying is I know a few of us have lost a lot of ride time due to some bad sh*t. But I know many others too,like Cabby have lost a lot of their free time through family misfortunes. Wives and partners coming and going, kids, family illness and the like. Job losses too, it all hurts. :(

So to ya' all - Ride the storms and make every day the BIG day, whatever sh*t your in. :)

Summer's here ! ( I'll have this in my headphones as I head for the mountains) :thumbup:

Summer Madness (Live) - Kool & The Gang - YouTube

Edit : I thought the vid would show up here ? sorry.
:(

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Sounds like we need a get together. There is obviously loads of drugs floating around at the mo??:bom:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Thanks Bob almost there !
...On the the day I nearly met my maker. Cabby's mom had a stroke. He and his wife have spent some 150 weekends looking after her since. (I did manage to drag him up the Stella,at least ) What I'm saying is I know a few of us have lost a lot of ride time due to some bad sh*t. But I know many others too,like Cabby have lost a lot of their free time through family misfortunes. Wives and partners coming and going, kids, family illness and the like. Job losses too, it all hurts. :(

So to ya' all - Ride the storms and make every day the BIG day, whatever sh*t your in. :)

Thanks for this, Nick, it's really made me think. And good on you, Kev, I know how much time and effort you have put in to help your mother. And Rob, I hope you know that the whole of XRV are rooting for you, you have certainly been put through the mill. Let us know if you need anything from the forum and we'll pull out all the stops for you.

I'm one of those who have had to put family demands (and work) before riding and I have been feeling very frustrated and disheartened as a result. But reading this thread and understanding the challenges we all face - and the strength with which they have been met head on by other members - makes me realise I should just make the most of whatever I can get out of each day, and ride and smile whenever I can. :thumbup: :):):)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thanks Bob......Meesh reporting in!!!

Most of the entry points for my keyhole surgery are healed up nicely - just my belly button wound that is still not healed 4 months later!! Obviously I have attachment issues that my umbilical cord doesn't want to let go off! But I've been looking after myself better this last couple of weeks and tending the wound carefully and it finally looks as if it should heal up properly now!

Just in time for my bike ride trip to Cornwall :D:D

Hope everyone else is making good progress

:sunny:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts