Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right Dont need words realy but DC has had a little off

He rode 240 miles to get to the campsite in Ullswater, the clue for the inclines is in the name 'Side Farm' NOT' the side of the lake but side of the mountain :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As we were looking for a flat bit :confused: DC went and tried to turn around on a slope :confused: OOPS it toppled over and down he went, Im not as heartless as others and forgot, I mean didnt get my camera out, rushed over and he was rather pale ????

Kept him warm and went and rang 999

Thats Chris being sympathetic :D:D:D

Paramedics came and took him off to Carlisle Hospital..... think DC liked the Paras :happy3::happy3::happy3:

She did roll down the hill still in reverse and was waiting for her to let the clutch out and watch DC go through the windscreen :D:D:D

At midnight we got the phone call, to pick him up, tight git wouldn't pay £90 for the taxi :D:D:D

After X-rays Russ had dislocated his shoulder after some Gas and Air back it went.

So hats off to Chris and Andy who went to get him whilst I played guard to the camp :rolleyes:

Hudders is being a top bloke and going over on his only day off in a fortnight with a van to pick DC and his bike up :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

DC I hope your shouder gets better soon and your back in the saddle soon :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright: take care mate :thumbright:

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Couldn't stop laughing when I got the phone call :D:D:D

He is so going to pay for this :happy3::happy3:

Second time been up the Lakes to pick up the same bike with a cripple :angel9:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Hope the damage ain't too bad DC and you make quick recovery. Keep it shiny side up in future :thumbup::thumbup:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
oh russ what is it about you and anything not flat mate?
get well soon,i'm told it feels like someone else if your only left with the left hand,unless your left handed of course,in which case you'll be alright.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auch

what no video or pics come on lads.

apart from shoulder and pride is there any other damage

I was too worried about dropping mine to rush the camera out :D:D:D

Pleased to say the bike did not have a mark on it :thumbright:

Bloody heavy though with Full panniers,top box and dry bag with a HUGE tent in it :D:D:D

That had to hurt. :( Bit later and there would have been a nurse there.
His timing is always wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
"call me lucky"
728 Posts
Hudders and DC called in at mine for a coffee on the way back. He seems in good spirits and the bike is fine. (I new i shouldn,t have sold it to him:D:D)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
What a woos!:D

I have only ever dislocated my shoulder once and that was playing rugby against (and inside) Swaleside Category B prison (minimum 14 year sentence for violence).

Someone yanked it back in on the pitch and I swapped sides of the pack and carried on playing (there were only 15 cons on the pitch but there were 250 on the sidelines watching, so the pitch seemed the safest place to be).

I think a big vote of thanks must go DC for this. We've all embarrassingly dropped our bikes at a standstill, but to drop it and injure yourself to such a degree that you need paramedics, has set a new standard.;)

Hudders, if you had rung me I'd have ridden to the lakes to help you (help you laugh, I mean):D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Thanks guys for all the best wishes :confused: The biggest damage was to my pride (one humongus dent) and an audience of about 100 campers,
A big thankyou to all the guys for rallying round on my behalf and especially to Chris wo kept it real......"stop wingeing you big wuss"
To both Andy (outrunner) and again Chris (Wigan Chris) for comming all the way to Carlisle to take the 40 odd miles back to camp meaning bed at 4am, Rob (Frad) for actually getting the paramedics and ambulance to me and laughing in my face the least of anybody. Thanks to sharri and J for showing me the nearest thing to sympathy....so I could lay it on a bit thick. And my night in shinning armour Hudders ......what a diamond geezer , a round trip of getting on 400 miles for little old me, although he assures me I'm gonna pay for it dearly (In Hudders speak that can only mean TROUBLE) you gotta love this guy!!!!!

a special thanks to Outrunner for getting on his hands and knees to to tie my laces and again to Chris(my bitch for the weekend) for doing everything else you need a right arm for :D:D Thanks buddies:rolleyes:

Oh maybe Chris has already mentioned the fact that he too dropped his bike over the weekend :toothy9:

This forum never ceases to amaze me, It doesn't get any better than this
thanks to everyone:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: Oh and I'm sorry if my idiotic manouver screwed anyones weekend up

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Top report and top people,well done all. And the paramedic laying in the grass wasn't too hard on the eyes either......mel

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Thanks guys for all the best wishes :confused: The biggest damage was to my pride (one humongus dent) and an audience of about 100 campers,
A big thankyou to all the guys for rallying round on my behalf and especially to Chris wo kept it real......"stop wingeing you big wuss"
To both Andy (outrunner) and again Chris (Wigan Chris) for comming all the way to Carlisle to take the 40 odd miles back to camp meaning bed at 4am, Rob (Frad) for actually getting the paramedics and ambulance to me and laughing in my face the least of anybody. Thanks to sharri and J for showing me the nearest thing to sympathy....so I could lay it on a bit thick. And my night in shinning armour Hudders ......what a diamond geezer , a round trip of getting on 400 miles for little old me, although he assures me I'm gonna pay for it dearly (In Hudders speak that can only mean TROUBLE) you gotta love this guy!!!!!

a special thanks to Outrunner for getting on his hands and knees to to tie my laces and again to Chris(my bitch for the weekend) for doing everything else you need a right arm for :D:D Thanks buddies:rolleyes:

Oh maybe Chris has already mentioned the fact that he too dropped his bike over the weekend :toothy9:

This forum never ceases to amaze me, It doesn't get any better than this
thanks to everyone:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: Oh and I'm sorry if my idiotic manouver screwed anyones weekend up
Dude i am just glad you ok:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

and that someone managed to take the pictures:D:D
and knowing Hudders you Liver is going to take a beating:rolleyes::D:D:D

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Hudders and DC called in at mine for a coffee on the way back. He seems in good spirits and the bike is fine. (I new i shouldn,t have sold it to him:D:D)
You didn't have to sit and listen to him winge all the way home :D

Cheers for the brew good to see you and Nick :thumbright::thumbright:

What a woos!:D

Hudders, if you had rung me I'd have ridden to the lakes to help you (help you laugh, I mean):D
It would have been well worth it :p

although he assures me I'm gonna pay for it dearly (In Hudders speak that can only mean TROUBLE)

We are going to get so many miles out of this 1 :D:D

But he can still move both his arms
:blob7:

Top report and top people,well done all. And the paramedic laying in the grass wasn't too hard on the eyes either......mel
Great minds Mel

Dude i am just glad you ok:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

and that someone managed to take the pictures:D:D
and knowing Hudders you Liver is going to take a beating:rolleyes::D:D:D

And his wallet, next meet is on DC :D:D

Thanks to J for my butty and brew. Oh and helping put DC'S bike in the van.

A very interest day, all home safe and sound :toothy9::toothy9:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Side Farm Campsite? the side of Mt Everest more like! :rolleyes:
Still, I had a great time if a little spoiled by someone lying on the grass moaning, sitting in a Paramedic vehicle moaning, moaning on the phone from Carlisle Infirmary, moaning on the back of my Tiger at 2.30 in the bloody morning, and finaly moaning in his tent. ;)

Seriously DC, even if we took the piss just a little we all felt really sorry for you and hope that you mend quickly and are able to get back on that V twin thingy. :) As far as thanks goes there is no need as we would have done the same for anyone who had a wee bit of misfortune 'cos that's what real bikers do! :thumbright:

I had a really good weekend, a nice run out on Saturday with Frad as Wigan Chris played nursemaid to DC and another trip today with J and Sharribee for company. The only real problem to arise was that after looking at that 800 GS and watching the way it performed on the roads we travelled.......................I want one!

Thanks to all for making my day today, it is my birthday but I never let on in case someone got a cake with that many candles on it the Lake District went up in flames. :D

Andy.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Phew... glad I didn't get to this event after all! Glad it was you DC, it could have been me and that would have been truly tragic. :D Seriously though, I'm glad there was no permanent damage. Top marks to Hudders, well done mate! :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Phew... glad I didn't get to this event after all! Glad it was you DC, it could have been me and that would have been truly tragic. :D Seriously though, I'm glad there was no permanent damage. Top marks to Hudders, well done mate! :thumbup:
Little Man,big heart:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
it is my birthday but I never let on
32 candles wouldn't have been a problem mate:rolleyes:

You silly sod, you should have said, I could have rustled you up a very special vacuum packed vegetable curry for a celebratory meal:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts