Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Glad it was you DC, it could have been me and that would have been truly tragic
Its probably better that it was me mate, being so young it means my bones are very Supple and I heal much quicker than you oldies :D:D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
2001 RD07 in Black and Gold, Touratech crash bars, powdercoated wheels and bash plate, Heated Grips, Givi pannier racks, Corbin Seat and she's mine all mine, but I can't keep it up
Do you want me to edit your signature?

Seriously. I do know how painful it is.

I hope it mends. Mine did but I know I was lucky, my sister's just went again and again, though less painfully each time.

I remember her driving back from the stables (horses did it for her) with a dislocated left shoulder, changing the car's gear with her right hand (no hand on the wheel) and then me pulling it back into place before hosing all the horse **** off her.

I have known one woman whose shoulder was so shot she did it walking into a dark room and reaching behind her to turn a light switch on and another who did it putter her bra on in the morning. Seriously.

If it keeps dislocating you need an op to rebuild it.

Mine has never gone since so I was lucky.

But at least when I have dropped my bike I have only ever hurt my pride.:D (and broken a clutch lever - twice)

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
"but I can't keep it up"

Keep it comming, I deserve it all.........the more I think about it they more ridiculous the manouvre seems......Toss pot .....Doh

This is my first and hopefully my last dislocation and I don't mind admitting I squealed like a baby when they popped it back in.
They said "here suck on this gas and air, it'll make you forget the pain"
and the revelation is..........Nurses lie...Bigtime!!!!

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
I have known one woman whose shoulder was so shot she did it ... putting her bra on in the morning.
Let's hope DC doesn't have that problem, eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Glad you got home ok Russ good old Hudders :thumbright:

Got a couple more piccies for you

Happy birthday Andy :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

and I enjoyed our ride on the Saturday :thumbup: we even saw some FLAT campsites if I recall :D:D:D

The funniest thing was that when DC was lying waiting for the Paras I asked him if he wished he had paid the £25 a night at the other campsite:rolleyes:

Making him laugh he was nearly sick with the pain it caused :D:D:D

Take care mate plenty of rest and I guess it puts a new meaning to left handed websites :D:D:D

PS the younger Para was rather 'butch' if you know what I mean :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
924 Posts
oh DC, you did rather drop yourself in it this weekend didnt you :p

it didnt even look like you had hurt yourself when you rolled off the bike, you were proper ninja and upright in a flash, it was only then that you went white as a sheet, and another 15mins before we noticed the bloody big lump sticking out of the top of your shoulder :confused:
I tried to come over and help so fast i almost dropped my bike down the same slope... that could have turned the weekend even worse !

always glad to help mate, and glad we got you sorted in the end, i was fr1gg1n knackered by the time i got in my sleeping bag at 4am, good job you got the coffees and flapjacks in the next day :thumbright:
BIG thanks to Outrunner for helping me with the recovery of your sorry arse from carlisle, and BIG thanks to Hudders for the rescue mission.

oh... and i didnt "drop" my bike on the way up to the campsite, i merely laid it down to dry off after bravely navigating that ford with my baldy road tyres, god im hardcore :cool:

Honourable mentions -

Fastest erection of a tent - J
Best looking bike - Sharrie
Most upside down bike - DC
Most daring but ultimately ridiculous manouvere on an AT - DC
Most bloody moaning and whinging - DC
Most requests for "help with his boxers" :confused: - DC
Most F'ing and blinding in the middle of the night because they couldnt get any more than up to their knees in their sleeping bag - DC
Loudest proclamation at 6am of "how Shyte this campsite is" - Hudders
Largest bunch of rubberneckers who didnt offer to help an obviously in trouble and injured biker - The population of Side Farm Campsite

:happy3:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Thanks to all for making my day today, it is my birthday but I never let on in case someone got a cake with that many candles on it the Lake District went up in flames. :D

Andy.
Happy birthday, Andy. :wav::wav::eek:ccasion4::eek:ccasion4::eek:ccasion4::eek:ccasion9::eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion6::eek:ccasion6::eek:ccasion7:

You can't keep anything quiet for long on xrv.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Happy Birthday Andy :blob7:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
oh DC, you did rather drop yourself in it this weekend didnt you :p

it didnt even look like you had hurt yourself when you rolled off the bike, you were proper ninja and upright in a flash, it was only then that you went white as a sheet, and another 15mins before we noticed the bloody big lump sticking out of the top of your shoulder :confused:
I tried to come over and help so fast i almost dropped my bike down the same slope... that could have turned the weekend even worse !

always glad to help mate, and glad we got you sorted in the end, i was fr1gg1n knackered by the time i got in my sleeping bag at 4am, good job you got the coffees and flapjacks in the next day :thumbright:
BIG thanks to Outrunner for helping me with the recovery of your sorry arse from carlisle, and BIG thanks to Hudders for the rescue mission.

oh... and i didnt "drop" my bike on the way up to the campsite, i merely laid it down to dry off after bravely navigating that ford with my baldy road tyres, god im hardcore :cool:

Honourable mentions -

Fastest erection of a tent - J
Best looking bike - Sharrie
Most upside down bike - DC
Most daring but ultimately ridiculous manouvere on an AT - DC
Most bloody moaning and whinging - DC
Most requests for "help with his boxers" :confused: - DC
Most F'ing and blinding in the middle of the night because they couldnt get any more than up to their knees in their sleeping bag - DC
Loudest proclamation at 6am of "how Shyte this campsite is" - Hudders
Largest bunch of rubberneckers who didnt offer to help an obviously in trouble and injured biker - The population of Side Farm Campsite

:happy3:

Oi dont I get a mention :(:(:(

·
Registered
924 Posts
Oi dont I get a mention :(:(:(
im very sorry about that frad :confused:

Hopefully we can get the same weekend arranged soon, and it LESS eventful... if you see what i mean.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
What a woos!:D

I think a big vote of thanks must go DC for this. We've all embarrassingly dropped our bikes at a standstill, but to drop it and injure yourself to such a degree that you need paramedics, has set a new standard.;)

Hudders, if you had rung me I'd have ridden to the lakes to help you (help you laugh, I mean):D
Wing Commanders got Ground Crew:D:angel9::D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Wing Commanders got Ground Crew:D:angel9::D
and I'd like to formally accept my position, it is both with honour and great pride that I shall serve the one the only "wing commander"

21 - 40 of 124 Posts