Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Bloody Hell Russ! Did you get more or less sympathy than you did for the "broken" sleeping bag? :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you and bike both mainly OK.

Well done to all the guys for rallying round, although I'm sure LV is right in saying your liver will pay later!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
and I'd like to formally accept my position, it is both with honour and great pride that I shall serve the one the only "wing commander"
Sergeant Bilko is it?:D

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
We had an absolutely fantastic time this weekend, just got back so need to unpack and un muddy the bikes.

DC hope your feeling a bit better, and I'll have you know that I am an honest nurse, I didn't tell you fibs, though I was quite honest when I told you the pain killers they gave you were ones they usually give to kiddies so they must have thought you were being a woos in hospital :angel9:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I was quite honest when I told you the pain killers they gave you were ones they usually give to kiddies so they must have thought you were being a woos in hospital :angel9:
Ah hah!. Evidence DC (it stands for Dislo Cated now, of course).

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
That would explain why 4 of them have absolutely no effect at all then :confused:
nope 4 of them should have worked, DC you should think about taking the anti-inflammatory as well, go to your doctor tomorrow if your worried and ask him to give you something that will give you gastric protection as well (Omeprazole or Lansoprazole shoud do it. )

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
A few pics from the campsite as taken by Wigan Chris using my camera (all barring the first one which I managed left handed with the camera upside down)

Chris was experiencing problems with his unusual finger nail growth

As much as I appreciated the lads errecting my tent while I was at the hospital I can't help thinking they used this slope for the comedic value of watching me clamber in an out trying not to fall over :confused:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
DC you should think about taking the anti-inflammatory as well, go to your doctor tomorrow if your worried and ask him to give you something that will give you gastric protection as well (Omeprazole or Lansoprazole shoud do it. )
I might just do that Sharri, there's still a fair bit of swelling and I still can't really move my upper arm :confused:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hi DC
hope your shoulder fixes back ok, shame we missed you we had a look up side farm and it was a mad place to pitch a tent the ground was all over the place...
our lass ditched her bike just at the start of it so i walked thru on the off-chance sharrie and j might have been there and outrunner andy but didn't see any bikes just tents pointing sideways:D
nobody answered at the office when we tried to book so we went looking elsewhere for a site..
we tried loads and got a pretty cold reception from some... ended up at parkfoot as a last resort and it was pretty flat with mobile reception.
and after texting stuart123456789 he turned up....

bit of an eventful bank holiday weekend for everybody in various ways

great to see everbody helping DC out like that the poor lad....even if a lot of p$$$ taking was chucked in with it judging by the way his tent was pitched up:D

so we'll all know next time SIDE FARM.....BAD!!!!!!!!

although in it's defense it did have some brillliant views over the lake and up the mountain.........

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
PaleRider, we gave up on Side Farm after no sleep because of noise and the slope on the site. Once I got my bike out of there I really didn't fancy trying again to get back up there (scared to drop it yet)

We stayed in a cottage in Helstom with my mum last night and headed home today. Tried to call Stuart this morning but rubbish signal so couldn't

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
PaleRider, we gave up on Side Farm after no sleep because of noise and the slope on the site. Once I got my bike out of there I really didn't fancy trying again to get back up there (scared to drop it yet)

We stayed in a cottage in Helstom with my mum last night and headed home today. Tried to call Stuart this morning but rubbish signal so couldn't
I know exactly what you mean sharrie i saw it it was savage but with good scenery

stuart did mention that you were staying with family
seems like we all did something without meeting up strange weekend really hope dc gets better....our lass fell off on the tarmac bit on the way in but did great for her first big trip only did her CBT a few weeks ago.

thankfully both shoulders intact but the zip in her jacket dug in her back she said afterwards but otherwise ok but a little bit wiser now....

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
SIDE FARM.....BAD!!!!!!!!
I did speak to a few of the campers there who absolutely loved the site but commented that getting there before 10am on a friday is key to get to choose some of the choice spots, as you said from a scenic perspective the site was spot on, and by all accounts pretty sheltered.

I would like to go there again, but taking the advice of others turn up early......the worst thing about these places is they won't let you reserve pitches :confused:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks guys for all the best wishes :confused: The biggest damage was to my pride (one humongus dent) and an audience of about 100 campers,
A big thankyou to all the guys for rallying round on my behalf and especially to Chris wo kept it real......"stop wingeing you big wuss"
To both Andy (outrunner) and again Chris (Wigan Chris) for comming all the way to Carlisle to take the 40 odd miles back to camp meaning bed at 4am, Rob (Frad) for actually getting the paramedics and ambulance to me and laughing in my face the least of anybody. Thanks to sharri and J for showing me the nearest thing to sympathy....so I could lay it on a bit thick. And my night in shinning armour Hudders ......what a diamond geezer , a round trip of getting on 400 miles for little old me, although he assures me I'm gonna pay for it dearly (In Hudders speak that can only mean TROUBLE) you gotta love this guy!!!!!

a special thanks to Outrunner for getting on his hands and knees to to tie my laces and again to Chris(my bitch for the weekend) for doing everything else you need a right arm for :D:D Thanks buddies:rolleyes:

Oh maybe Chris has already mentioned the fact that he too dropped his bike over the weekend :toothy9:

This forum never ceases to amaze me, It doesn't get any better than this
thanks to everyone:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: Oh and I'm sorry if my idiotic manouver screwed anyones weekend up
Hi DC, Sorry to hear about this mate. I hope you are feeling better now

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
a special thanks to ... Chris(my bitch for the weekend) for doing everything else you need a right arm for ...
EVERYTHING?! :confused:

Well done DC for providing peerless entertainment. But seriously buddy, you must be biting your arm with frustration. When are you ever going to have a decent ride-out on that gorgeous bike?!

Hope the shoulder sets OK and time will heal the memories (though it'll be battling against Hudders...)

:thumbup:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is there 2 ways in to North Face of the Eiger Farm, i mean, Side Farm? I don't think we used the easiest of the 2 if so :)
there were 2 entrances yes, one brought you through the courtyard bit with the cafe/information point etc, once brought you past that point along the road into the campsite

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ahhhh... we took the wrong one, with the gate to open that led onto a very dodgy rocky `road` which i rode down so i want an upgrade in my off-road certificate to include some small loose rocks :D
your a trooper mate. i witnessed your offroad skills on the welsh invasion, and i have to say i was mightily impressed. :thumbleft:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
41 - 60 of 124 Posts