Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding home this evening on my normal route some @rse clearly with mental issues tried to force me into the path of oncoming traffic...twice!

I was filtering down the middle of 2 lanes up to a set of lights, only maybe 6 or 7 cars waiting. As I got to the 3rd car from the front the lights changed and the traffic moved off. To my left and in the left lane was a van turning off to the left and a guy behind him in a blue Audi A3, directly infront of me in the right lane a silver golf.

The van momentarily slowed the guy in the A3 so I cruised past and tucked in behind the golf. Immediately after the lights the road narrows back to one lane. I was at least 2 or 3 bike lengths infront of the A3 and beginning to move left as the road narrowed when the c*ck accelerates to try and get ahead of me. There was no room to do so because of the golf infront. Meanwhile there's traffic bearing down coming the other way and it's not a wide road by any means.

So I accelerate a little and he does the same until I'm only a foot or so behind the golf and Mr C*ckhead in the A3 has managed to get the nose of his car up level with my knees...so I cant pull back in. Then just to go one step further he starts edging towards me, pushing me towards the oncoming traffic!

I breathed in and squeezed through the gap and the oncoming car passed, there was another coming but a few hundred metres off. I blew my rather loud Stebel Horn and turned right round in my seat to have a good look at the f*cker and he had that typical couldn't give a **** c*ckfaced look about him. As I turned back he started edging me out again so I quickly whipped around the Golf and back to safety.

The guy in the golf had obviously seen what a knob Mr A3 was being and slowed right down to "keep him away from me", but at the next available gap he overtook and came racing up behind me again...to within inches of my back tyre. I gave a weary shake of my head and just sat at the 50mph limit until we reached the next junction.

The junction split into 3 lanes and I was in Lane 1 and he was in Lane 3. My lane was clear up to the lights but his wasn't so I let him get a little ahead and then stopped dead level with him. Funnily this time now I was right beside him he wasn't so brave. I gave a little honk on the horn but he just stared straight ahead and wouldn't meet my eye, so I put my bike on the stand and got off.

Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately) just as I did so the lights changed so I had to make do with sending an appropriate gesticulation in his direction.

What a complete knob though. In no way did I whizz past, undertake, overtake, cut him up or anything...some people are just cocks I guess.

That's put me in a foul mood and I'm absolutely seething now. Kinda wish I'd just followed him home now to put the ****ters up him...but frankly I've got better things to do.

As Cabby would say, F*ck 'em. :rolleyes:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
tis a pity you couldnt have bound him up and called me .....the mood im in i think i could make him change his ways:p

somthing about A3s that bring the cock out in people

·
Varadero Explorer
237 Posts
I think you did very well not to lamp him one!
Then again with the current climate you did the right thing in just continuing to wind him up - if you had actually thumped him you would have ended up with an assault charge - and for what?

Best thing is to keep your cool - maybe try and get his number and report him for dangerous driving? Would that work? - any police officers on the forum care to comment?

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
do we have any traffic officers here:confused::confused::confused:

i thought they were all over at ukgsers:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
In situations like that you just have to stay cool and let the small minded knob-head to$$er get in front of you, then at the next clear opportunity just breeze past giving him (always a him!) a withering look and shake of the head. You absolutley can't let these [email protected] get to you coz when it turns nasty you will always be the looser.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Get some of those blade things stickin' out the side of those Roman Racing Chariots......Then you could really do as Cabby says....:)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I had one of them once tried to pass the bus couldn't so started trying to force it off the road.
I got to a point where I knew he could not see what was in front of me and let him screem past, through a red light with a police car coming from the other direction he did not get too far.
Blamed me in the bus got without due care added as well.

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Idiots galore over here too, this week.

White van man didn't like me filtering on the motorway, so he started coming after me, overtaking undertaking zigzagging into every little hole he saw... Trying to catch up with me on the NX, in heavy traffic. Jolly good luck, ain't gonna happen. :)

And later some cellphone wielding idiot just walked into traffic, right in front of me. One bout of mad braking later he was standing pretty much knees to brake rotor with me screaming abuse in his ear.

So he grabbed me.

Scrawny little guy versus little-ol'-me at 6'6 in full bike gear and helmet, grabbed me by the jacket straight across the dials. How much of a nutter do you have to be to think that's a good course of action? ;-)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Rob,sorry it's got to you mate. Listen - If any one annoys me,they generally get off light 'cause I'm thinking all of Greater London is a track, and there are usually a few dickhe*ds on every track! but if somebody puts me or my ride in danger they ALWAYS pay, ALWAYS !!! Can't say what happens here online,but ask me when I see you next.(You Know I Make Sense :))

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
tis a pity you couldnt have bound him up and called me .....the mood im in i think i could make him change his ways:p

somthing about A3s that bring the cock out in people
I reckon it would have done you some good to let off some steam..

but i think it is Audi in general .. i have had a bunch of issues with them this week too.. i now have a very large bolt tucked into my front farring to "let fall off" in these cases

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I reckon it would have done you some good to let off some steam..

but i think it is Audi in general .. i have had a bunch of issues with them this week too.. i now have a very large bolt tucked into my front farring to "let fall off" in these cases
No No Xander,Wrong move.I can see I'll have to talk to you too !! :D:D:D:thumbup:

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Sorry to hear about your encounter Rob, there is a similar thread from me posted about a year ago. That time as I filtered to the front of a queue of cars at a set of traffic lights, just as I got level they turned green, as I got alongside the front car he pulled across to the far right of the lane attempting to force me into a traffic island. [email protected]!!!!

I don't think these idiots quite realise the implications of there actions, serious injuries or worse, our death:( Just because of there over high testosterone level causing there pride to be dented by being overtaken. I suppose the worst response while riding is for the red mist to fall and for us to seek out revenge, which I must admit has happened to me a couple of times. Unfortunately Bike v Car usually has one outcome.:(:(

For some reason as well Audi's do seem more likely to do this sort of thing in comparison to most other makes of car. (Audi is the new Volvo)

Just put it down to experience, and at the end of the day he's the c0ck not you:D

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
That's why we wear sturdy panel beating boots to correct their attitudes. Used mine regular for bus drivers around Leeds who are complete knobs for cutting bikers up or forcing them out of the way. I don't think they target just bikers because they seem to have exemptions from stopping at red lights too.

BMW and Audi drivers seem to be competing to see who is the most arrogant knob on the road. Hopefully when they want to be a danger to everyone else they'll find a nice sturdy concrete wall to crash their car into and die in the process without effecting anyone else. :thumb:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Nobody has mentioned BMW drivers!!!!!! :blob6:
That's because..as most women could tell you, young Palmer...Knobs come in ALL shapes and sizes........:happy3:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That's because..as most women could tell you, young Palmer...Knobs come in ALL shapes and sizes........:happy3:
This is true, every car driver seem's to take pleasure in causing hassle to biker's, although as it seems, the "posher" the car the worst they are

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
For some reason as well Audi's do seem more likely to do this sort of thing in comparison to most other makes of car. (Audi is the new Volvo)
BMW and Audi drivers seem to be competing to see who is the most arrogant knob on the road. :thumb:

I take exception to these remarks about Audi drivers. Little less generalisation please

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Nobody has mentioned BMW drivers!!!!!! :blob6:
I assume you drive a BMW, then I hope you show some regard to other road users. If it's any consolation then 3 series drivers (probably Sales Rep's in Company Car's) seem to be the main culprits whilst 5 series drivers appear to be aware of other road users. 7 series must only have 3 points left on their licence as they drive the book.

In case your wondering I'll be the one that drives the cheap and cheerful Mondeo. Which one? Come racing up behind me whilst I'm overtaking another road user, flashing your lights to get me to move out of your private express lane. Then I'm the one that will slow down to match the speed of the other vehicle I was overtaking until I'm bored of winding you up.:angry4:

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
No offence intended to all Audi and BMW drivers, obviously not all are arrogant idiots but if anything I've said rings a bell to any road user, biker or driver, then grow up before you ruin someone's life.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts