Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of these on Thursday.

The procedure is a camera on the end of a pipe shoved up where the sun don't shine.

Well the doctor, I hope it was a doctor, sent the thing up 80cm, then says " do you want alook". What would you have done?

So I watched in glorious technicolor on a 26 inch screen as this camera exited my bowel, took about a minute, with a blow by blow commentary by the doctor, finishing off with the awful sight of my rectum, as it exited.

Did it affect me? well the twitch has come back.

Oh you youngans have so much to look forward to.

Rick

PS. In case anyone is wondering, there was nothing nasty found, but they do this routinely if you are over 50 apparently.
Think I would rather rent a video.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Bl**dy hell Rick, did he say 'you might feel a little prick now' :-D

Hope you've recovered well :)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Could have been worse, could have been a full BBC film crew crawling around up there, and that would have worked out expensive for you. As you would have to supply them all with full breakfast with all the trimmings etc before they would start. Union rights these boys couldn't work on a empty stomach health & safety and all that bull****.
Think on the bright side atleast you know you've just had a full service the 16k one not the 500 miles oil and filter jobby:D:D:D

·
The psych with the bike
225 Posts
Brings back memories of my nurse training. Sigmoidscope, curtain, next door neighbour, subsequent awkward conversations over garden fence. nuff said . OOH Er Mat on :confused:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The nurse in me finds this thread mildly entertaining.

Is that wrong

:D
How long have you known this nurse? At least he only had to put up with the camera:D

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I know how you feel Rick, been there, done that! :( Also had a Barium Enema............now that's fun! :toothy10:
Like you, they did not find any nasties in there.:thumbright:

Andy.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I misread the title of this thread, and couldn't make head or tail of the first post....thought it said SMIDSYoscopy:mrgreen:

I assumed you inserted a camera anally to someone who'd cut you up....:thumb:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,034 Posts
Listen lads, there's worse places to have a camera shoved, trust me!:cry:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
In the words of the Who, I hope I die before I get old.;)

You already are old :toothy10: mind you I'm spread only 8 yrs away from this kind. Of abuse:eek:

A friend of mind had the barium enema , the also did somthing where the pumped him full of air whilst the camera was up there , the though fair fills me with the heebejeebees I can tell ya:-D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What a great thread. Embarrassing medical procedures I have endured.
+1 for the Barium enema. Still amused by the way the the theatre nurses chat away while they routinely shove a hosepipe up yer jacksy and then spin the table in all directions to make sure the gunk gets to all ther nooks and crannies.:toothy10:
Gonna raise the stakes here a little.
Flexible cystoscopy:toothy9::toothy9::toothy9: Same idea-different orifice. Drop your kit and up on the table and make small talk with the nurses "Oh nice suntan...where have you been blah, blah.
And yes, I do mean small talk:toothy9::toothy9::toothy9:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,034 Posts
Flexible cystoscopy:toothy9::toothy9::toothy9: Same idea-different orifice. Drop your kit and up on the table and make small talk with the nurses "Oh nice suntan...where have you been blah, blah.
And yes, I do mean small talk:toothy9::toothy9::toothy9:
I think I actually made some comment about fear having a shrinking effect.....

The camera's bad enough, but when you hear the words, "we're now going to insert a grabbing tool to pull your stent out" you start wondering if the nurses are especially selected from some secret man hating sect.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a barium meal some time ago, I was dressed in one of those gowns with the split up the back, and laying horizontal on my back on a stainless steel table.
They made the table go vertical and I slid about a foot down it, the brakes being the cheeks of my bum. . AAAAHHHHH

1 - 20 of 36 Posts