Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I noticed that when it gets cold, the signal lights wont turn on normally. I turn the (say left) signal light but it comes on (start flashing)after some 10 seconds. The colder the weather the longer the delay! sometimes it becomes scary. This happens mostly only in the begin of the ride in the cold mornings.

is this the flasher or the switch? by the way, when this happen none of the lights(including the green small one in the dash) turns on, but once it came it flashes normally, so it doesn't work at all, as if I didn't hit the turn switch on the handle bar at all.

cheers.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
First, check the switch and spray with WD40.
If this does not work replace the relay. These are the main things to fail as they seize in cold if not moisture free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I've had the same probleem last year and as it's getting colder now, again this year. I almost went to my dealer, but a bit of contact spray solved the problem.

Greetings

Jan

·
Registered
181 Posts
Like StumpyFingers say do all the checks and give it a go with WD40.

If everything is working as it should be then get some electrical cleaning spray from a car spares shop, I think it's called Electrical Contacts Cleaner and then spray with a little Silicone spray, the one that the Muck-Off lot do is stuff.

Had contacts problems with a previous bike and after cleaning and treating it never happened again.

While you're there cleaning and spraying ALL contacts wont go a miss, I did it ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the replies, but other than the switch are there any contacts I should take care of?
By the way, do you know where is the relay located? its 650 Ta.

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
thanx for the replies, but other than the switch are there any contacts I should take care of?
By the way, do you know where is the relay located? its 650 Ta.

cheers
It's in the fairing. If you remove the instrument surround you should be able to get to it - it's on the left hand side (sitting on the bike). This image might help -

Hope that is of some help to you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

My first post. I've a Transalp 400v out here in Japan and I've been having the same issue with the indicators taking a while to start, as much as 5 seconds after engaging the switch. I went to a local bike shop and ordered a relay which is still to arrive, but after reading this thread I quickly gave the switch a blast with lubricating oil and it solved the problem. The indicators now come on instantly.

Many thanks!

If anyone's interested I keep a blog about owning a biking in Japan. You can find it here:

Motorbiking in Japan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts