Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I signal left the relay is dead quiet for a few seconds, then clicks fast a few times (without signaling), and then finally signals as normal. After a while of use this problem gradually goes away but not fully. After letting the @ rest for a day (rare!) the problem is back again. The right hand side has similar symptoms, but not as severe by far.

I have checked both bulbs and contact points, all looks as if new.

Will this go away if I replace the relay? Is it possible to source original @ relays (I couldn't find any brand/model info on it)?

Finally, would the original relay work with LED signal lights, given that I hook up resistors for proper load?

Thanks guys!

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Yes, check your earths, one by one, methodically.

The earth wires on AT's all come back to one common point - not to the battery directly but to a common earth point, then through the frame and engine to the earth strap (near the starter motor up to the battery). You'll see about six green wires all coming to one point somewhere on the frame (under the tank near the rear ignition coils on my RD07). This means that if one earth has high resistance (could be the contacts on the flasher relay) the system will try to earth though the nearest available point - that could anywhere - through the headlamps, idiot lamps or any one of the other components.

I wouldn't replace the starter relay yet. I could be something else entirely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts