Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just back from a booze up in amsterdam and all my photos seem to be of me or my mates pointing/sitting/standing next to signs that say "kunt" (scuse my french, or dutch in this case) a lot, i think it meant you 'cant' do this or you 'cant' do that etc i have no idea but you get the drift, little things please little minds!:rolleyes:

who wants a really childish rideout called "stop that, its silly" using place names in the vicinity of rosedale, or incorporate them into an existing rideout?

so far weve got "bell end" and "fryup", any more?

its a shame there isnt more time and i wasnt more local, someone with a really perverse sense of humour could have loads of fun making up a geocaching game. what could i leave in bell end i wonder?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Well, there's Great Fryup, Little Fryup, Fryup Hall, Fryup Lodge.....

Oooh & while we're being a little childish, how about 'Cock Heads' on Glaisdale moor ;)

I must admit, 'Bell End' alway's makes me giggle when I pass it!

How about 'Pussy' near the Col du Madeline

Phil

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
"kunt"?

Never heard of it, you sure you were in Amsterdam? ;-)
yeah, loads of stickers and signs in bars, but not those tarts postcards like you get in phoneboxes, these were official looking

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a rock band called K##T, but it wasnt anything to do with them either

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
my good freind Aafke in holland informs me that Kunt means" it is possible "

wetwang cannot be over far from roesdale

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Clowne, J28 M1 north east derbyshire?

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Wyre Piddle and Piddletrenthide in Dorset.

Green Tye and Matching Tye in Herts.

Ugley in Essex and Idle in W. Yorks.

Lady Garden, in Eardisley, Herefordshire.

Brown Willy in Devon.

("U kunt"in Dutch means "you can", I believe)

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"gropec~~t lane" in oxford, and yes it does exactly what it says on the tin, or used to, once being a street full of brothels. them olden day folks had the right idea, i think streets should be named for what goes on there, it would make navigation a lot easier.

the goodytwoshoes have since changed it to magpie lane but some of us prefer the traditional to the politically correct.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Land of Nod - East Yorkshire

I want to live in 'Wetwang' - always make me think you are giving your own personal two finger salute when people ask. Where do you live? You simply say Wetwang. (good fish n chip shop too)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
in raunds northants there is a road called titty ho don't have a clue on its origins.

i think the wallops are in hampshire.

anotyer one in northants a village for retired xrv members old.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in raunds northants there is a road called titty ho don't have a clue on its origins.

i think the wallops are in hampshire.

anotyer one in northants a village for retired xrv members old.
yes, middle wallop's just up the road. look up "museum of army flying"

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
...the goodytwoshoes have since changed it to magpie lane but some of us prefer the traditional to the politically correct.
One for sorrow, two for joy, perhaps?

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
I live near Penistone- bummer if you have a business there as people will struggle with google to find you.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Ugley is not far from me. Six Mile Bottom is about 60 miles away from here too. Then there's Little Snoring and Great Snoring, of course.

How about "Fannny Hands Lane"?

Just down the road is a little place called "Fusty Weed". Even locals don't believe it exists until I show them the photo of the village sign.

In Norfolk we "do different" when it comes to place names!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts