Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting this one in now while its on my mind

yes I've been foolish enough to sign up for the Silverstone Half Marathon again (along with Sharrie and hopefully Lady Vader) and I'm back in training after my knee injury earlier in the year.

I'd like to run this for a good cause again but don't want to go begging for money so I've come up with an idea that wont cost you anything. and carries on from the discussions already going after the National

In his talks at the National Sam Manicom told us he'd had a kidney transplant that pretty much saved his life and I realised whilst I'm all for organ donation I'd done nothing about it and have since registered on the organ donor register.

for those that don't know the difference between being on the register and carrying a card, if you just carry a card then your family members still have to give consent to your organs being used which is a difficult decision to make at a terrible time in their lives. if you are on the register that decision is made by you in advance and your family are spared from the awkward question.

now what I'd like to do is get one new person on the register for every mile I run, it's free and easy to do and no, I wont come asking for your organs while you are still alive.

I appreciate we've already asked this on here and it is the reason I'm starting this from now with a clean sheet and would like to thank those who have already registered in response to the other threads. I'll understand if there aren't many more people on here that want to register but it's worth asking again even if we get just one more.

if you visit www.uktransplant.org.uk/ you will find all of the information you need and can sign up on line.

if you want to support me and the Organ Donor Register by doing this then please let me know once you have registered so I can keep a tally of how many people have signed up.

thank you on behalf of all those people who's lives we may one day save.

Ian

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me have a think about that.... erm, nah your alright fella, i'd be coughing up half a lung and p!ssing blood if i attempted this! lol
I actually meant signing up to the organ donor register and I think they'll want your lungs intact Craig so you sit there and look after your organs ;)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Ian,
I signed up a few months ago as I can't remember who it was had the organ donation register as a thread, which prompted a few to join up.
All the best for You & Sharrie on the run out, my best time for a half marathon was 1 hr 32 mins as I was discussing it with Sharrie at the Welsh soiree last month.
All the best

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
As long as you finish is all that matters when I did the 1st Derby Ramathon in 1982 -sh took me 4 hrs 42 mins to complete the 26 miles 284 yds, as all I wanted to do was complete it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts