Honda XRV Forum banner
6K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  steveR 
#1 ·
Anybody used them ?

I ordered a camera lens from them last week and i'm beginning to get a bad feeling about them. Difficult to get hold of them, can't login to my account and the resend password isn't happening. Phone line just keep saying call back later as we have technical issues with phones.

May turn out ok but i just got a dodgy feeling in my stomach at the moment

#3 ·
#5 ·
#4 ·
They do have form... :(

I had a mobile phone off them and found out that their returns procedure absolutely stinks, they are competitive, but everything comes from HK where they are based, but the ads do not reveal that. I had to invoke S&G Act and Barclaycard to get a returns number and then waited 5 weeks for my money back.

I was very tempted by a Nexus 4 a few month ago and then realised who it was and "ran away"!

Good luck and fingers crossed they do get the stuff to you quickly. Did you use a credit card??

#6 ·
Yeah - me :(

Ordered a GoPro White, 32Mb card and their extended warranty for a total of £208 on 4 December. For ages it was "processing" now it is "order backlog" so not coming before Xmas

Paid on credit card so got that protection and have send a snotty email to them but will just have to wait it out

John

G
#7 ·
No UK business address on the website, the domain name has the details hidden (not allowed for a business in the UK) and they have no UK landline apart from the 08********* number..

I personally would suggest anyone to avoid any seller based on those simple facts alone.

#8 ·
I did find a uk address for them when i placed the order on the website it was for Canary Wharf in London, but i can't remember where it was on the website

#9 ·
Things may be looking ok at the moment had a tracking number sent to me today and it's been processed at Kowloon Hong kong, also Just had an automated message from DHL asking for import duties so just payed it, there is a chance i might have it in time for Xmas as it coming straight into Exeter then to Camborne.

Keeping fingers crossed now

#10 ·
Import duties? I'm not paying those as there was no mention in the ordering and payment process. Mind you not convinced I'm going to get mine anyway so would rather have a full refund now

#11 ·
i'm quite happy to pay £17 seeing it's saving me over £300 on a UK price for the same thing. I got caught on import tax some years ago when i bought a large tank for the XR in America again import tax wasn't a worry as it was less than half the price for the item.

Some camera websites like digialrev will pay your import tax if you get caught for it, my maee bought a canon 400mm lens and that took over a week in customs in this country waiting for them to pay it. 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other

#12 ·
well the GoPro 3 White is £30 cheaper than in the UK and given all that I have read about them the £20 warranty I paid extra for on it will be shite and probably require it shipping to Hong Kong so that's pointless

as I said I'll have my money back and buy here

glad you got a bargain

#13 ·
Not the same deal for me though if iwas only going to save £30 or so i wouldn't even think about buying from abroad as it aint worth it to me. But i just ordered a sigma 150-500mm lens. I payed the £20 or whatever it was for the 7 year warranty and it was £560. The lens alone in this country is anywhere between £750-£1000 depending where you look. So £17 aint an issue

#14 ·
if i was only going to save £30 or so i wouldn't even think about buying from abroad
I didn't know I was buying from abroad until I read your first post :rolleyes: their website makes it look like a UK based supplier - no pictures of happy Chinese employees I see !

anyway I have taken evidence that at the time I asked for cancellation my order had not been despatched

my credit card company are being really helpful so I am sure I'll get a refund in due course and I WON'T buy from them again and will do a bit more research before buying from a new supplier for the first time

#15 ·
Goods turned up tonight at 1945 no problems with the transactions at all, and i'm glad of that

#17 ·
I was watching it from 1115 this morning when it left exeter, at 1800 i phoned DHL to see what was happeneing with itincase of problems on the roads with the terrible weather we'e having down here at the moment and they said it wait on the late delivery so it may not be with me until 2100hrs. From speaking to them i was like a kid at christmas waiting for father christmas. It arrived at 1930 then iwas like dog with 2 dicks playing with me new toy

#19 ·
hopefully you will be ok, i expect you will be. I guess these forums are a bit like bike forums in the way that you only get told half a story and you have to take opinions with a pinch of salt.

The link i found was a couple years old and several people at work have used them recently and not had any issues with them, i wasn't aware of that when i started this thread

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.