Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings from humid and balmy Singapore, where I was in between bikes, and rather impulsively, acquired an RD07A (2002 manufacture), just after dropping off my 2015 GSA to its new owner. Cracking bike, and rather enjoying it. I believe it’s going to be a keeper!
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Vehicle brake

Plant Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Twenty years on AT 750s? That’s very encouraging. Steinberg, I see that you are local to Canterbury. I pretended to study up the hill, lived in Whitstable and Herne Bay, and remember the area fondly.

The old girl was running just fine on a bimble within Singapore, so I thought I might take it across the border into Malaysia, and give her a bit of a flogging. Some Africa Twins can traverse the world. Mine’s fuel pump (at least that’s what I think the issue is) conked out, having made it just across the border. It was cranking but only crickets were chirping in the fuel tank. A bit of a flap to get it towed back through to Singapore, but it did the ride of shame gracefully, in this van back.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I’ll have it fettled, put in the spare Mitsubishi fuel pump the previous owner had thoughtfully packed in a box for me, sort out the sticky throttle that doesn’t return back to neutral, and have it running again, soon enough, so I can ride to England😉
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll remember to McGiver a biro (or perhaps have a Facet pump handy) for the next time. Lingerie eh? Your daughter appears to have put her knowledge of criminology from UKC to good use after all hahaha. Will tell the wife I’m popping out for a pint of milk, get on my bike, and be up shortly. Those kebabs from that Turkish place at Northgate are worth the trek🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Best kebabs I ever had! That, and a reasonable priced bottle of plonk at the Oddbins just up from it, were my occasional treat.

Got the AT in time for my 52nd birthday. Always wanted one, but life (and the lack of a license until recently) got in the way. It’s now running sweet as a peach! Pity I’ll have to leave it behind. Stuck behind the wheel of an SUV to the Margaret River in Western Australia, with 3 howlers under 5 in the back, on hols shortly. Happy days…

Anyway, very happy to have found this very useful forum. Lots of shared knowledge to be found here. Cheers!

Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Fuel tank Plant Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel

Tire Motorcycle helmet Helmet Vehicle Hood

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts