Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Has anyone put a sissy bar on an @t ?

Just got back from 2 days in Scotland and my son was complaining of back ache after 700 mile round trip. Because we are planning a longer trip in March i was wondering if anyone has added a support in the form of a sissy bar to the bike or maybe a top box would be better with a pad attached.

Its not planned as a permanent fixture but just for the 3 - 4k miles in March.

Oh and has anyone any sugestions for removing molten plastic off the exhaust? My sons overboot melted onto the exhaust because the wire guard won't fit on with the Zega panniers.

Cheers and festivity to all the members

Ian

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
top box with pad is your best bet
not sure about the melted plastic ?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Ian, Mark and Daisy have one on their AT which they used on their trip down through the America's. I don't think it's covered specifically on their site, but you may be able to get something from Mark.

As for getting the plastic off, if it won't "chip" off when cold, get it hot again and try and soak it into something else to pull it off.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Try Cillit Bang it is supposed to get most things off, or try oven cleaner.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Hi all

Just got back from 2 days in Scotland and my son was complaining of back ache after 700 mile round trip. Because we are planning a longer trip in March i was wondering if anyone has added a support in the form of a sissy bar to the bike or maybe a top box would be better with a pad attached.

Oh and has anyone any sugestions for removing molten plastic off the exhaust? My sons overboot melted onto the exhaust because the wire guard won't fit on with the Zega panniers.

Ian
as said top box with back pad will be the best option as its not stuck on all the time i had one on the shad box on my @ and the honda box on my vara and the wife said both were quite comfy for long journeys:cool:

·
Banned
36 Posts
Hi all

Ian
How could you even say such a thing? If you are seen with a sissy bar on an @, Honda will recall your bike, and every self respecting @ owner will pelt you with rotten fruit and dung.........grumble mumble .......Bungee the boy to the back carrier if you must.....and that'll keep his feet off the exhaust too....

I'm going to ask Santa to help you in some way......:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info I think I will look around for a top box with pad and as for the exhaust, well I'll heat it up and try a variety of potions starting with good old WD40.

Cheers

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts