Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus wept, talk about not seeing the wood for the trees.....

I've been looking for a heated jacket type of thing & figured there must be a cheaper way than the ~£150 bespoke stuff.

Take one of these;

A few of these;

Can you see where this is going.....

End up with this;

It works an absolute bleedin treat, I think it'll be a pretty permanent fixture to the jacket.
Lo setting is enough but there is a high if it gets really cold.

The wiring needs tidying, probably a better connector than a ciggy lighter (that unscrewed itself, then dropped its guts into the socket, shorting it & blowing the fuse....!)
For under a tenner, you quite literally cannot fall off.

I dunno how I think 'em up.
Dragons Den, here I come :)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Ermmmm, do you have to be quite big! I think that might wrap round me more than once! Not being rude Phil.. :confused:
turn it side ways and the bit that hangs down you can tuck into your trousers to keep yer arsehole toasty :D great idea it is :thumbup:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Luvvit!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ermmmm, do you have to be quite big! I think that might wrap round me more than once! Not being rude Phil.. :confused:
It's a smidge over 3' long and fits ok :)
turn it side ways and the bit that hangs down you can tuck into your trousers to keep yer arsehole toasty :D great idea it is :thumbup:
I did think about that but thought it would be a faff to square it up to sit on it and would look silly when walking about.
If you want posh you can get a heated seat pad, again about a tenner ;)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
a handy tip . last weekend I went to visit some bike riding friends . the lady of the house cooked up a lovely curry for dinner I hung out chatting for a couple of more hours before departing and riding the 60 odd miles home . after dismounting opening the side gate and shed and riding in and pulling the bike up on the centre stand I got a rather bad and audible case of flatulence which causes me some embarrassment in case any of my neighbours were out smoking feeding a dog or taking clothes in off the line . that got me thinking in future I will stop half a mile from home and walk about a bit and do some stretching exercises to help expel any built up gas that might cause embarrassment . maybe I could invest in those latest odour and sound damping under ware I have found some that filter the odour called shreddies Testimonials — Shreddiesbut the loud claps of thunder from my backside are what causes my embarrassment . in the ean time I might just try revving the bike up a bit to deaden the sound I have a stock exaust system system fitted so I am thinking maybe leo vince or scorpion what would you guys recommend something with high decibels ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts