Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted the Coast Riders Cafe near Blackpool about the camping. waiting for them to get back to me

Also i have been looking at places in Paris, here what i have found. I have been looking for place that will accomdation alot of us

availability for Friends Hostel - Hostelsclub.com
this one is average of 16 Euro's a night and has over 100 beds available
I waiting to found out if there are okay with us checking in late evening

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
fae Coast Riders Cafe

Hi Barry
We are a purpose built bikers cafe, we have all sorts of food available at reasonable prices, full bar facilities, we would be able to accomodate you for your one nights stay as we have extensive camping the cost is £5 per tent per night, cafe and bar is open from 5pm til late and you can have your own function room if you wanted, you can call either Pete or Paul on 07970452475 to discuss it further if you wish.

Many thanks
Paul

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hostal in paris, as per link. you can book in at 22:00 23:00 you just give the time on the form when booking

Friends Hostel, Paris, France: Book Now!

its not the best place, but is a cheap bed £16-17 per person per night, its only 5ish mile for the eiffel tower too :thumbup:

I looked at ones closer, but there were over £80 per person per night

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and at the hotel in paris there is bike parking, just outside, but there is more on the other street near by to :D:thumbup::thumbright:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barry you are blooming marvellous, I know I'd agreed to do this but life has kindof taken over in my little part of the world so i've been distracted
I have had the time at the moment to spend doing this, work has been very quiet. New job and all that tends to that!

Your fabulous
I Know :D:D:D:D:D

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can have your own function room if you wanted, you can call either Pete or Paul on 07970452475 to discuss it further if you wish.

Many thanks
Paul
Should we take them up on this or not bother?

Could be ideal place to sort out things / answer any last minute questions

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
I think that a telephone call to the owner to see what he can offer, I understand he is converting some stables into a bunk house, but just stick it up as a link on the web site, together with Travel Lodge & Premier Inns, but lets not get involved in where riders sleep the night, its their choice. More important is that we have 7 riders registered and the Eurotunnel discount deal ends in 12 days :confused:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark

We have 11 registered riders, i know at least 3 are going make there own arrangements, as for the others we have a clue if they have paid or not for the euro tunnel, we can only see that decals have been paid for. See tld bank thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that a telephone call to the owner to see what he can offer, I understand he is converting some stables into a bunk house, but just stick it up as a link on the web site, together with Travel Lodge & Premier Inns, but lets not get involved in where riders sleep the night, its their choice.
I havent, i have just put the information in the password protected area, with the links, thats all i am doing the riders can then sort out whatever.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Mark

We have 11 registered riders, i know at least 3 are going make there own arrangements, as for the others we have a clue if they have paid or not for the euro tunnel, we can only see that decals have been paid for. See tld bank thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it worth sending a group email to last years riders tonight prompting them to register and at least book the tunnel so we don't lose the discount

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Is it worth sending a group email to last years riders tonight prompting them to register and at least book the tunnel so we don't lose the discount
I've sent a group email out to all in TLD inbox asking them to register if they are interested, with a reminder that we have a discount that will expire in a few days.

See what that pops up

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am hoping to get a discount code from the hotal in Paris for the riders to use when booking the bed(s)/room

So we need to hold off giving out this information

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
I've sent a group email out to all in TLD inbox asking them to register if they are interested, with a reminder that we have a discount that will expire in a few days.

See what that pops up
Good move Sharrie, lets hope it generates some interest, but I think a lot of folk are worried about jobs, xmas and things, but any thing to bring this to their attention has to be good :thumbup:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The hotel in paris will not give us a discount. but at £16 odds a bed isnt bad to start. I think we need to let the riders to have a look at this also.
I have put in the information in the password protected area of the website. So we could say register to get updated information on hotel in paris, or is that too much?

All you do is pay 10% and the rest at check-in.

I would recommend getting into small groups.

James, Ros, Nick, Ash, Mark :thumbleft: and myself have already got that sorted.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The hotel in paris will not give us a discount. but at £16 odds a bed isnt bad to start. I think we need to let the riders to have a look at this also.
I have put in the information in the password protected area of the website. So we could say register to get updated information on hotel in paris, or is that too much?

All you do is pay 10% and the rest at check-in.

I would recommend getting into small groups.

James, Ros, Nick, Ash, Mark :thumbleft: and myself have already got that sorted.
but i bet money the price goes up the later peeps leave it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts