Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
As the birthday boy :D Family got together and got me a Dainese D-Explorer jacket :thumb: Having found some pants that fit me (oh, at last) Ive noticed I am slipping all over the shop on my bike seat :( Ive never had fabric gear, always leather so it was never an issue, but really un-nerving sliding around the seat on my Alp. Perhaps it's a wear thing; 20 year old alp perhaps a shiny seat after all these years? Maybe newer bikes dont do this? Is it just me? Any solution? (please dont say wonder web!)

Thanks all :D

My pressie.........
mememe.jpg

·
Registered
897 Posts
Really suprised a man of your experience has not clicked with what its all about, those trousers make for a smooth slide over the edge of the seat to get your knee down :lol::lol:

They obviously think a lot about ya, you getting that jacket happy birthday :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really suprised a man of your experience has not clicked with what its all about, those trousers make for a smooth slide over the edge of the seat to get your knee down :lol::lol:

They obviously think a lot about ya, you getting that jacket happy birthday :)
Thanks, it was in the sale :thumbleft: Some dealers still selling at £500+ :confused:
It feels so odd slipping around, dont feel that confident :confused: Might get used to it? I am so used to adjusting body movement not just sliding off the damn bike! Knee down....... err..... Are pegs good enough? :iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
that's some sexy looking jacket Dave I would love one like it myself well wear . I recently bought a second hard but virtually brand new Lewis textile jacket for 15 euro off a mate . im chuffed to bits with it as my old richa is getting a bit raggedy and my leather jacket I wear for winter is about 4 stone weight . it has no wear and is very clean hard to tell it from new . the colour wouldn't be my first choice it's black grey and royal blue and it stunk of some kind of smelly stuff like lavender ferbreez or some shit that a woman somewhere along the way decided would be a good idea to freshen it up . I was afraid to wear it out like that in case I got bulled :lol: a few days on the washing line took away the stink and it's bang on now . good and warm and enough room to fit plenty of layers . I started wearing my navy blue aran jumper the other day as I couldn't find my heavy knit green army surplus wool jumper that have for 19 years and is like my best friend at this stage and im as snug as a bug in a rug with this new jacket . as regards sliding around on the seat I find that too with my Richa rain ****er over trousers read useless leaked on the crotch from day one but if I sit back on the saddle of the Transalp 600 and tuck my knees into the tank it helps my cause a lot . move around on the saddle to stop sliding sit forward when breaking or grab the tank with your knees . when riding sports bikes lads complain about them being very hand on the wrists but if the use their loaf and grab the tank with their knees and use their back to keep the weight off their arms and only use their arms and hands for steering throttle clutch and applying pressure on the break leaver its no problem . arms are organic steering dampers when held parallel to the ground for high speed work on missiles . I rode the bollocks of fire blades and FZR 1000's with no steering dampers on bad roads not a bother when using that method not a shake out of them :thumb:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alias, I do see your point on this, its just odd! Will try gripping the tank to see if this helps :thumb: I feel like I am going to slide off most of the time !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts