Honda XRV Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Don't worry about popping and banging on the overrun, that's just fresh air getting sucked back up the end of the de-baffled silencer. If you could tune it out it would only be by dint of making the bike run massively rich on the pilot circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Bobn. Turned out I had a gasket leak by the exhaust header. Now sorted and it’s 99% cured the banging and backfire. Probably need to wind in the pilot screw a bit now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi. Just want to say thanks for the info on this site. I'm half way through this mod. I just need to order the main jet. The thing is the pics of the ones on this thread are all a lot shorter than the 165 i removed (which is about 40mm long). Am i missing something or does that sound right?

I thought maybe I'd removed the pilot jet but it does say 165 on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Hi. Just want to say thanks for the info on this site. I'm half way through this mod. I just need to order the main jet. The thing is the pics of the ones on this thread are all a lot shorter than the 165 i removed (which is about 40mm long). Am i missing something or does that sound right?

I thought maybe I'd removed the pilot jet but it does say 165 on it?

Thanks
Do you have a pic?
It sounds like the emulsion tube (sometimes called needle jet) has unscrewed with the main jet - is there a hex for a spanner to counter hold while you unscrew the main jet itself?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this is very new for me but I recently modified my 1997 honda slr650. Which was a lot of fun. One recent phone call to the place you order the 175 jet I spoke to the man himself Bob. A very random coincidence after a quick conversation I ordered a 175 main jet and a 15 tooth sproket. After fitting both I found a bargain on a pair of Remus twin cans for the homda fmx650. Which I have with little modification fitted to the slr650. And they work very wel,l infact excellent. Maybe a little louder than I expected but all in all perfect. The top speed hasn't change dramatically but the mid range is amazing its smooth and faster. Without as many gear changes. Hope this help and keep modifying and thanks bob
Hey, I am looking at an FMX650 exhaust too. How did it fit the SLR650? What modifications did you have to make?
Planning on fitting a aftermarket exhaust on my own SLR650. This because it looks a bit cleaner in my opinion in comparison with the stock exhaust.
After the exhaust is swapped out I will rejet the carb with 170 jet and take the snorkel out.
Looking forward to the results!!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts