Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set to with the debaffle today.
Cut the end off the two baffles so I could get 38mm hole saw in. Cut the baffle out and then welded a 42mm piece of pipe onto the hole so it looks a bit tidier. Gave it all a blast with some black vht paint and she sounds like a good un. Just got to swap the main jet now and hopefully ready for a little blast
Any criticism of my handy work gladly received :blob7:
A7B9D1C6-5696-49CE-9C4F-F49BC9180AAD.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet, took snorkel off air box but 175 jet on order from David silver so may be a week as they have to order them in, also ordered a 170 from wemoto which is in stock and half the price. Will leave comments when they arrive and I fit them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so I’ve got the #175 main jet and taken the snorkel out of the air box. Been out for a jolly on it and I really can’t complain. She sounds pretty good and it pulls well with no flat spots. There’s certainly a little more oomph in the pick up, not power so much as torque and in the whole I would say it all feels less restricted. Definitely not ripping your arms out at the shoulders stuff but certainly a bit more purposeful is a better description. All in all it’s a cheap worthwhile upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts