Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a chopped down Scorpion Oval with 2:1 and link pipe by Gazelle. I've changed now for a Scorpion round with a nice big E mark for the ITV.

The headlight is soon to be changed: Catseye Headlight Twin Complete Side Mount. (E Marked). | Any bike

I´m waiting for an XL500S (10 litre) tank to arrive and make to fit, along with 17" wheels. I may use a flat-track type seat/tail, that'll allow me to lose another 1,5kgs of heavy rear subframe and a lump of unused (pillion)seat.
Possibly going to change the front fork sliders/stanchions for CBR600F, trying to use as much Honda stuff as poss.

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
Poor headlight choice IMO. Why? Unless I miss my guess, that headlight is designed to run BOTH bulbs on High Beam. Your bike doesn't have enough juice in the generator to sustain TWO 55w bulbs. So you'll be forced to have either low or high beam lights active at any given time. Normal low beam, very poor high beam.

...but that headlight might be different than what I know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Its to replace the 30W (& ugly plastic) Acerbis unit. Its fully E marked.
How it performs is academic, I don't ride after dark, prefer wine and weed.

190W max alternator, all other lights are LED, ignition uses little, so 110W high would work if someone else is sober enough to use my bike at night.

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
Its to replace the 30W (& ugly plastic) Acerbis unit. Its fully E marked.
How it performs is academic, I don't ride after dark, prefer wine and weed.

190W max alternator, all other lights are LED, ignition uses little, so 110W high would work if someone else is sober enough to use my bike at night.
190W @ 5000 RPM means 95W *AT MOST* at idle. Shouldn't matter if you don't ride at night though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts