Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I use the front brake handlebar lever, the brake light comes on as it should. But then when I release the lever, the brake light stays on and I have to physically push the brake lever away from the handlebar for the light to go out again. I can't see any adjustments I could make either on the bike or in the manual, does anyone know how I can adjust this?

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
yes a small cable tie around the lever, my slr and the vigor have both been the same, i have actually modified the vigor lever by putting a lump of filler on it now and painting over it, i have tried new levers rebuilt the master cylinder on the vigor (it had a slight leak anyway ) and all sorts but nothing helped
merv

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes a small cable tie around the lever, my slr and the vigor have both been the same, i have actually modified the vigor lever by putting a lump of filler on it now and painting over it, i have tried new levers rebuilt the master cylinder on the vigor (it had a slight leak anyway ) and all sorts but nothing helped
merv
Thanks for that Merv. Whereabouts do you attach the cable tie exactly? I'm guessing it's to hold the lever open but doesn't stop you closing it when you need to brake - so somewhere between the throttle cables?

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
No just around the lever where it touches the switch will get a pic and put up later
Merv

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
yup thats it switch, i have used a white tie for clarity in this, so it will show ya what is needed, a black tie will be less visible obviously

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah got ya, just had another look at the bike and I know exactly what I need to do now. Also made me realise that my brake light must have been permanently on for a pretty long while now! :eek:

Thanks guys! :thumbright:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've done the fix with the cable tie and it's done the trick excellently, so thanks Merv. :thumb:

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
Credit has to go too the person that did it on my SLR before i got it really
Merv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts