Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ey up, has anyone got a recommendation for road biased tyres? I won't be going off piste until it stops raining here and the knobblies it has on at the moment are too exciting in the wet, looking for more wet road grip, mileage not important.
ta
JonC

·
Registered
169 Posts
I replaced my rear with an Avon Distanzia, has felt excellent so far!

By the way, if you do a search for tyres on this forum you'll find a lot of info already posted - I've already posted several times on this and also based my decision on previous threads and posts... :thumb:

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
BT45 is my reckoning
Merv

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fitted BT45s to my RD08 and they are brilliant for grip. Back only lasted 4400 miles & was down to the wear bar though.

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
I fitted BT45s to my RD08 and they are brilliant for grip. Back only lasted 4400 miles & was down to the wear bar though.
umm i do not get that out of distempers or even tyres on my rd250/400 for that matter nowadays

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I guess so. When I first had them fitted there was a guy in the queue behind me with a ZX9R having a pair of tyres fitted. He reckoned his back tyre would do about 3000 miles. Thing was though, he paid about £20 less than me even though his bike has a 90 or so more horses than mine! They are expensive, but the peace of mind they give is worth it!

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
well i used to tear out a rear TT100 on the rd250 back in the seventies in about 2500, and i changed to r0oadrunners and got 3000 out of them trhe bloke in the bike shop did refer to me a mad ******* or summat though
merv

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the rear a tubeless one as well? Mine appears to be fitted with a tubed type.

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
spoked wheels will need tubes anyhow whther you fit tubelss or not
Merv

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also rate the BT45's very highly! I've had 2 sets of them on my SLR and they're brilliant. I've found that they have faultless dry grip and very good wet grip compared to the old Metzler's that i had on there.

I found a rear for £80 odd on the internet and the front was about £70 from the local tyre shop. They're both tubed and a doddle to fit yourself if your into that!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
BT45s are fine for an SLR; I've used them before too. A bike designed to handle at least half-decently on knobblies will work fine on any half-decent quality road rubber!!!

NOW for instance I'm using a cheapie Pirelli and it's fine too. Old Metzler lasers are excellent too, and nowadays are as cheap as BT45s.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have run Distanzas, an they look like a trail bike tyre, an have excellent grip DRY or WET...........I cannot fault them... id buy them all the time.. although fur a real good road only tyre.. ye`l not go far wrong wi a Bt45s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts