Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm on a 2003 650 Transalp. Not owned it long, I've noticed a small hole in the Exhaust down near where the Exhaust fit's onto the big Metal box underneath (is this the CAT)?? After the clamp so the hole is on the muffler part. Anyway's I've got original Stock Honda Muffler on. I'm not looking to change my exhaust muffler so I'd like to repair it. Has anyone had any experience using Gasket maker and tape to repair a small hole like this? If I can fix it without welding then it would be easy for me to repair.

Another quick question. My Indicator has become somewhat temperamental too. I damaged one of my indicators on a gate, repaired with tape but since the indicator switch doesn't work on the first go but after a few tries the indicator comes on. Anyone had problems with the switch malfunctioning?

Any help much appreciated :)

43417547_319110765534106_7254812023416946688_n.jpg

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
I think you've found the small drain hole in the "silencer". It's meant to be there- don't worry about it unless it's getting bigger and more ragged through corrosion. From memory it's about 4-6mm as standard.
Sorry, no real ideas about the indicator switch, bit it may be worthwhile squirting in some switch cleaner and working the switch a few times.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks like you've found the condensation drain hole unless its grown big I would leave it if you build it up on the inside it will restrict water running out.
The box some call it a cat some call it a heat tube ---- never really known if it is a true catalyser
Only way to find out about the indicators is to explore all the connections make sure they are all clean good connectivity. The only switch I have had a problem with so far is the dip switch and that was no more than the grease it was lubricated with had gone hard over 12 years.
Great pic. by the way :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts