Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help? Due to being short in the leg, I am thinking of fitting a 19" or even 17" front wheel in place of the 21" front wheel that is standard. Would this affect both the speedo and/or mileometer readings? If this occurs how do I solve the problem i.e. different speedo drive gear. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have already fitted a lower seat and even though I didn't want to I have dropped the forks. As I am always accompanied by my wife on the bike I want to feel more stable. We love the bike and feel sure that this height problem can be overcome - we don't want to get rid of the bike. Any help at all please.

Ken

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Tried a lower seat?
Tried dropping the rear spring a bit?
How far you passed the forks through the clamps?
The smaller wheel,especially a 17 will affect the speedo,the handling and the characteristics of the bike.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was contemplating changing the wheels on mine a while back, and a meber on here has already done it, so if you search for threads started by me about wheels or for a member called 'Cookiemonster' and could find some advise there.

Alternativley, I think the 700 Alp has a 19" front, and could see if the wheel from this could fit yours.... and ref the speedo, yes it would effect it, but not by too much. One way round this could be doing a mod like cookie did to his where he changed his clocks for digital ones with a sensor on the front wheel..... All depends on how much your willing to either spend or bodge...

Good luck in whichever route you take, and put piccies of finished result on here of your hard work when finished.

Titch:thumbright:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I have a 17inch wheel that I fit to the alp.. lowers it a treat and the bike turns really quick, you should really lower the rear to correct the geometry,

but I find it fine, just a bit responsive.. it looks weird though as the gap to the front mudguard is huge.. road use only though check the members gallery I posted a few pics in there a while back

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts