1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I've posted a time or two about S&A oil, I started using their oil years (decades) ago in everything from engines, hydraulics, gearboxes, torque convertors, plus 2 stroke for mixing with diesel & the motorbike.

It's good spec oil without the price of branded/heavily advertised stuff.

They often have a fb discount code too bear in mind it is sometimes cheaper to buy 4x5ltr than 1x20ltr!!!

I've used it in all the bikes from the Crossrunner, Hornet, Vara, the various Alps & now Vstrom plus various friends' bikes that I look after.

·
Administrator
1,775 Posts
I haven't yet seen the mailing from HG..... but when I looked at earlier ones the postage charge negated much of the cost saving. A shame, really, as i like HG's products (and oil), but the loss of the local shop network means that they don't compete well in the mail-order market.
For the last oil change I did (my old supply of HG oil having run out) I ended up buying Castrol from my local(ish) Honda dealer... it worked out cheaper than HG's own after postage.
I'll have to look into S&A ;)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I done some maths on it hear in Ireland motul or any other branded oil is probably 35 euro or more for 4litres I priced up 20 litres plus post to Ireland at £25 works out when converted to 105 euro . 5 x 4liter bottles not including post or petrol or time to go fetch it works out at 175 euro . that's a big saving :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Alias, ber in mind S&A oil is in proper 5l containers not the usual 4l :)
ya I know I always buy 5litre off e bay the transalp takes 2.5 litres and uses a sup between oil changes . I read somewhere probably on hear that varadero 1000 actually need 4.2 litre something to bear in mind for anyone who has bough one but not yet changed the oil . so if they sell 20litres it comes in 4 5litre cans is it ? I would prefer that easier to see how much is left and less chance of spilling any nectar :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts