Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a wee ride out today, (Cottage Fever, setting in !!)

Heading west from Aberdeen, towards the snow capped hills..
Only got to near banchory, the roads where shall we say , crap..
So much grit and snow melt on the roads.

Stopped for a quick photo , then headed back towards the coast ..

Stonehaven Harbour
Much warmer down by the sea.. roads much better..

Even met a ANother TA , (not a member here) .. had a nice chat while laughing at the guy trying to start his outboard engine ....

30 minutes later , still no luck with the outboard..

Nice little ride out ... :thumb:

Also New Helmet performed great .. :p

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
LWR, [email protected], wish you hadn't posted those pics mate, I'm homesick now.......:thumbup::D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice one LWR:thumbup: looks bloody cold, is the guy you meet going to sign up or what!!!!! by the way how do you post pics followed by writing like you,ve done its so much better that what i do !!!!! load or writing and a block of photos :blob6:
Thanks Phil

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
cheers guys..

Phil , The other TA Rider, He does not have a computer (Yet), he was grilling me about where I got the bolt-on bits, ebay , I said .. (blank look), XRV forum (Blank Look ).

We are lucky to have computer / Internet , Its a big world out there.

To post picture , then text , then picture etc..

Just paste your picture code between the text. use the (return key / new line) to space the text out the paste in code.
I use the XRV picture gallery (medium image code) .

:thumb:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Bout time you got out & about Craig :thumbup:

Good photo's, as normal. Now, get some miles under yer wheels before all this nice weather ends :D

Did 200 miles meself yesterday - up towards the Falls of Shin, with the intention of heading to Ullapool. The roads were a bit worse for wear after the weather, and the snow was still feet thick on the verges, so cut it short and back tracked via Dornoch.
Did 100 miles today in works time, checking out snow levels at sites that I have to do traffic surveys at. Dont think I'll be doing any surveys up in them thar hills for a little while yet! Wish I'd taken a camera - the sun & the snow just made for a fantastic view, with the Cairgorms in the distance as well!

Hope to see you soon.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
by the way how do you post pics followed by writing like you,ve done its so much better that what i do !!!!! load or writing and a block of photos :blob6:
Thanks Phil
Phil,

The way I do it is to open a word document, type in the ride report then copy in the links from where ever the photo's are kept (on this sites gallery or on another tinternet site).
I then copy the whole thing and paste it into the new thread for the ride out.

Simple :D

Steve T

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Cheers for the advice guys :thumbright: now all i need to do is get someone to show me how to PASTE!!!!! :confused: ane i thought French was a forigen language:D
Phil

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bout time you got out & about Craig :thumbup:

Good photo's, as normal. Now, get some miles under yer wheels before all this nice weather ends :D

Hope to see you soon.

Steve T

Haha .. Cheers Steve ..

yes, I have been a bit nervous of the roads, so much grit .. But Sundays ride-out went without any incident .. Just being cautious and following the lines through the corners.

I will be hopefully getting out this saturday (sunday, I am off to Glasgow) .

:thumbright::thumbright:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Glad to see you got out mate, I had a good run on the Saturday but damn it was cold! I was glad to get home in the end but did stop for a couple of pics, here's a pic taken locally, you'd never think it was brginning of march!

I then headed over to Aberdeenshire, more snow over that way, here's a nice pic of the Beemer with Bennachie in the background

Not sure what I've on next weekend, or if I could steal Fiona's bike again! LOL! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Well, I actually sit forward when taking off from rest now as it keeps it at a reasonable angle! :thumbup:
That being only a foot or so off the ground instead of full blown front wheel wiggling in the air!
I'm getting very attached to the little Beemer, it's not the handfull the mighty Vara is, wheelies are just "oh oh, it's coming up again!" And hanging the tail would be more worrying on the Vara due to weight more than anything else.
As much as I like the little Beemer I know two up we were a bit cramped and the suspension was struggling, loaded with luggage and it would kill it. That's where the mighty Varadero comes into it's own, a better two up tourer adventure bike would be hard to find.
Some time in the future I may,,,, and I stress may,,, take a test ride on the 800 Beemer, hmmm, we'll see,,,, ! :thumbup:
Fiona saw the last post, says I can steal her Beemer any time! Yippee! (I did wash it when finished!)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Your having a laugh, right? :confused: :rolleyes: :D :thumbright:
No i,m not Steve............... i realy don,t know how to drive this thing and the lingo is beond me:confused: my daughter is coming over in a week or three so maybe she can teach the old dog a new trick:D:D
Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts