4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday on a hill in

Resized to 80% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlarge

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We started in the Vale of Glamorgan and varying condtions were the order of the day, plenty of ice

Then Paul dived into the next lane and found the floods, there's no way we were going to walk into that so we threw him a rope and pulled it out backwards.........

We decided to head for higher ground and then found impassable snow-drifts on the hills......

so a lot of turning around and going back the way we had come......

Resized to 80% (was 800 x 600) - Click image to enlarg

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We only covered 52 miles during the day but it was all good fun, Steve decided to have a sit and think about it...

We got up so far on this hill but then we couldn't work out where the trail was so we turned around again. Snow and ice make things interesting when you have to go downhill

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mods, I can't rotate that bl**dy photo, can you help?

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Bob them shot they above Ynyshir, if so looks like your on the off road 4x4 rally sections. cool shots.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
We neve get any decent weather like that down here

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Good spotting J, the two where we got stopped by the drifts are above Ynyshir but the one where we lost the trail is on the other side of the valley.

First photo is near Tonyrefail.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one Bob

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Good spotting J, the two where we got stopped by the drifts are above Ynyshir but the one where we lost the trail is on the other side of the valley.

First photo is near Tonyrefail.

who said you could cross the boarder and trepass on my land :cussing:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Sorry carry on it's my mistake it's Vader that not allowed over the bridge :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Fecking hell, I live on the west coast of scotland, IN THE NORTH OF UK, no snow at all, barely got below freezing, actually on reflection it hasn't got below freezing.
Its just not fair. I have to drive to work some days acros the bealach to Applecross, some snow on the virge but only -1.5 and thats at 2000 feet.
I got the semi snow tyres on the car as well, jings.
Well Jealous.
I am going to move, what part of the country do you live in boboneleg?

Rick

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fecking hell, I live on the west coast of scotland, IN THE NORTH OF UK, no snow at all, barely got below freezing, actually on reflection it hasn't got below freezing.
Its just not fair. I have to drive to work some days acros the bealach to Applecross, some snow on the virge but only -1.5 and thats at 2000 feet.
I got the semi snow tyres on the car as well, jings.
Well Jealous.
I am going to move, what part of the country do you live in boboneleg?

Rick
Rick,

I live in Bristol, we had plenty in the west and wales this year. No doubt you'll get yours soon :toothy10:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts