Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just telephoned them, they were spot on.

I've moved our booking to August.

Austin, like previously mentioned, still feel free to use one of the beds on my dime it's no worries fella :thumbup:
Thank you very much Craig:thumbright: However I paid in advance for my camping as "deposit" for the group's camping which I will convert into the bunkhouse charge. I am sure you will be able to sub-let your bunk for the august date if you cant make it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Austin, i have a bunk for 2 nights under craigs name if nobody can make use of it this weekend. It can be moved to the August date for someone else to use. Either way i won't be able to use it. Gutted but there's always next time.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm definitely coming Austin even if the whole weekend had been cancelled I would have went away somewhere anyway.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This attempt at riding snow bound trails completely vindicates postponing the ride.
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/riding/85323-i-tried-ride-snow-i-failed.html

If a light little CRF250 manages all of 10 feet in the snow Transalps, AT's and the like stand no chance.

Off course my light ace little XT660R would have no problem especially with the shiny new TKC80s on it :rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
This weather blows.
I think I will be antisocial and give the camping-and-icy-road-ride option a miss.
Austin, I totally appreciate your efforts! Keep the money and if I can't make it in August then stick it in a charity pot.

I am now at a loose end over Easter w/e so if anyone fancies a spot of green-laning in the Midlands, give me a PM. There might be some snow.:happy9:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Austin, i have a bunk for 2 nights under craigs name if nobody can make use of it this weekend. It can be moved to the August date for someone else to use. Either way i won't be able to use it. Gutted but there's always next time.
Tried ringing you today Mike but just going to voicemail, I've moved your booking also (as you were in with us) to August, if you can't make it then we'll see if we can sell it to someone for you :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
This attempt at riding snow bound trails completely vindicates postponing the ride.
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/riding/85323-i-tried-ride-snow-i-failed.html

If a light little CRF250 manages all of 10 feet in the snow Transalps, AT's and the like stand no chance.

Off course my light ace little XT660R would have no problem especially with the shiny new TKC80s on it :rolleyes:;)
That's going nowhere that!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I'm sure it is unnecessary but I'd also like to thank you, Austin, for your efforts. The snow is out of your hands. Looking forward to the new trip.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I shall see what the weather is like on Friday, and, as I have the day booked off and there will be space in the bunkhouse I might just throw the sleeping bag and a toothbrush in the top box and take a run down. It would be nice to have a few beers and a bit of craic. No promises but it might happen. :icon_smile:

Andy.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I shall see what the weather is like on Friday, and, as I have the day booked off and there will be space in the bunkhouse I might just throw the sleeping bag and a toothbrush in the top box and take a run down. It would be nice to have a few beers and a bit of craic. No promises but it might happen. :icon_smile:

Andy.
Hope to see you there then Andy. The weather is looking good for the weekend - sunny but cold.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I'm sure it is unnecessary but I'd also like to thank you, Austin, for your efforts. The snow is out of your hands. Looking forward to the new trip.
+1 here Austin usually gets the weather spot on :) :eek:ccasion8:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No, not good enough I'm afraid. I think it's a pretty poor show. Austin should be ashamed of himself for letting it snow. :grin:
No No no no you have got it wrong. The snow was in the plan as I thought you had all had it too easy in past years. But you all wimp out at the first sign of a bit of hardship. Pussies!!!

Did you see the results of the poll - one person went for option 1. Gues who? ;)

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Thought Rays post needed a little amending :thumbup:

All Hail Austin, cos he's THE MAN :D
you sniveling wee rat Steve :grin:

-9 in Alford today and still a foot of snow on the drive.... hope the upside down weather holds for the wee jaunt to the isles :king:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sadly, I'm dropping out of the event too - too cold for a slow 200 mile ride and I'd feel daft if there was a bike ride & I'd taken the car..... (the weather is brightening up!)
To those hardy bunch - keep warm & have lots of fun!

I hope to see many of you in August - many thanks to Austin for re-scheduling the event :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Did you see the results of the poll - one person went for option 1. Gues who? ;)

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
where's the poll?:withstupid:

41 - 60 of 70 Posts