Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walk round to the back of the shop whilst having a smoke, stash my bag in the top box and start the bike up, finish my smoke and put the helmet on then set off and then I heard the noise.

I forgot to take off the Almax series 3 and Squire SS65CS lock off and wrapped it around the forks and got the lock tangled up in the spokes and couldn't untangle the mess so I had to open the shop again to get a collection of tools (Hammer, drift & bar) 40 mins it took to get everything untangled.

Interesting ride home in the slushy mess left over from the snowfall earlier, when I got home I got the pump action sprayer out to rinse the salt off the bike and then had my tea, I had a sudden brain wave, had I switched off the heated grips? (Yes, they are wired up so that they will come on when the Ign is off, no idea why but it is on my list of things to sort out)

NO!

Flat battery now on charge.

I'm off to bed now just so's I can't make any more uck fups.

Goodnight!

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a mate of mine says...'sometimes you get chicken, sometimes you get feathers';)
Aye, and sometimes you just get stuffed!

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
'Tis always the way I think. One stupid c**k up and it all goes t**s up! I either get it all right or things go from bad to worse. On a bad day, I'm capable of putting my keys in the fridge and trying to lock the door with a pint of milk :confused::confused::confused:. There are just some days when it makes better sense to go back to bed and start all over again...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
me.... 2 new batterys later, i loop a lanyard from my keys to the grips controller..... & i still forget!!! not wired up this year, it's too warm.

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm confident about how to use/fit a relay for this and it is part of my masterplan for this bike which includes a fuse box with 5 positions but what I'm looking for is a relay like this one:

Motorcycle Horn Relay Kit, cheap Worldwide Shipping

I'm not bothered about the pigtails it's just the small size that appeals to me, has anyone seen this kind of relay for sale in the UK rather than the big cube shaped ones that are everywhere?

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I stopped using disc locks because i kept forgetting when i had the Thundercat and one day i knew i'd go through the front fairing rather than scratch it. They are bloody lethal!

Could be worse, Barrowload (of this parish) put his disc lock on his bike for the night when he was in Spain and when he went to unlock it the next morning he realised the key was at home! lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'Tis always the way I think. One stupid c**k up and it all goes t**s up! I either get it all right or things go from bad to worse. On a bad day, I'm capable of putting my keys in the fridge and trying to lock the door with a pint of milk :confused::confused::confused:. There are just some days when it makes better sense to go back to bed and start all over again...
I know what you mean Lulu, I bought myself and my son a Cyclone Buff each for Christmas, Can I find mine? Can I hellaslike, I've never even worn the damn thing.

me.... 2 new batterys later, i loop a lanyard from my keys to the grips controller..... & i still forget!!! not wired up this year, it's too warm.
Oh dear, you're getting me all paranoid now!

I stopped using disc locks because i kept forgetting when i had the Thundercat and one day i knew i'd go through the front fairing rather than scratch it. They are bloody lethal!

Could be worse, Barrowload (of this parish) put his disc lock on his bike for the night when he was in Spain and when he went to unlock it the next morning he realised the key was at home! lol
Oof! thats gotta hurt!, I am thinking about getting one of them Xena disc locks with the alarm built in, I'd use it at work because it's relatively safe as we have the back roller shutter open all day so I'd more than likely hear it should anyone mess with it and I'd hope that should I be dozy enough to move off with it still attached the alarm would make a noise before I did any damage (I'd be interested in others opinions on this)

Hi Bolty, not seen any that small, but Vehicle Wiring Products do have a mini relay on stock

link to full page
VWP - relays

Thanks for that, I've had a look at the site and they#ve got some useful stuff there, I may get one of these Durite relays if I can't find any of the ones I mentioned.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Dont worry Bolty your not the first and wont be the last ,,,,ask Whealie:toothy10::toothy10:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts