Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any motorbike shops in New York? As a 40th Birthday treat me and me gurls are taking Mum to New York for a week, it would be great if I could "stumble" across a place that I can then use to take advantage of the mighty pound/dollar exchange rate :teeth:

Obviously this will have to be covert "oh look dear, d'you mind if I just pop in for a moment" kind of thing, so Mum's the word or something :thumb:

Thanks in advance

-Simon

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Slimie said:
Does anyone know of any motorbike shops in New York? As a 40th Birthday treat me and me gurls are taking Mum to New York for a week, it would be great if I could "stumble" across a place that I can then use to take advantage of the mighty pound/dollar exchange rate :teeth:

Obviously this will have to be covert "oh look dear, d'you mind if I just pop in for a moment" kind of thing, so Mum's the word or something :thumb:

Thanks in advance

-Simon
dont know about bike shops but if you go there you got to try to find me one of those chrome hard hats that will really make an inpact on site :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Chad said:
dont know about bike shops but if you go there you got to try to find me one of those chrome hard hats that will really make an inpact on site :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........noooo...............noo!

What sir really wants is one of these! If the cap fits en all that!??! :wink:

http://www.tasco-safety.com/hhats/Cowboy-hard-hats.html#3013273

not in anyway implying that there are any such shoddy workmen on this site! :teeth:

·
17,680 Posts
you know what i tried to buy some of those for the lads but the didnt reply to my emails i dont think they ship abroad :(

bloody cool aint they 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
17,680 Posts
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: ive just orderd me one of those there stetson hardhats 8) 8) 8) feck thats going to be funny when i walk on site with that on :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you sing Why Emm Sea Aye?? :teeth: :teeth:

Do take a picture, Chad, we all need as much humour as we can get :teeth:

·
Widget
324 Posts
Chad,

If Sir wants one of those hats, I believe that contacts in the USA, through me, Markincyberspace, other users of xrv and advrider, we might be able to solve ur problems

·
17,680 Posts
Slimie said:
Can you sing Why Emm Sea Aye?? :teeth: :teeth:

Do take a picture, Chad, we all need as much humour as we can get :teeth:

:teeth: :teeth: pics will be sorted complete with two paslode nail guns hanging on the belt pouch :teeth:

cheers paul but ive now got them sorted :D

comon own up ya'all know you want one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa :teeth:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Now come on Chad, you know when you go on site that nice HSE man's gonna say "it hasn't got a BS kitemark therefore it doesn't qualify" :shock: :(

As for stumbling across anything in NY, hookers maybe, deli corned beef on rye maybe, but motor-sycles, sorry but they all ride dumbass HD's over there and what use are they?

·
Widget
324 Posts
people ride HD's????

I thought they a) left them in the garage and polished them

or b) put them on a trailer and trailered them out to motorcycle events

"hey mate, where u ridden from?"
"all the way from oregon :D "
"is that ur motorcycle trailer there??"

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Dilbert and Paul, s'pose I'll have to spend my time doing "family" things. GoshDarnIt :teeth:

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you go to New York, look up a few friends of mine Niel (pronounce Nile) and Martina, they own and run a few bars one of which is "Mustang Sallys"

They may be able to put you in touch with what you need

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eyetee said:
If you go to New York, look up a few friends of mine Niel (pronounce Nile) and Martina, they own and run a few bars one of which is "Mustang Sallys"

They may be able to put you in touch with what you need
[Monty Burns]Excellent [/Monty Burns]

Have you got an address for them?

Cheers :thumb:

Simon

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Chad said:
comon own up ya'all know you want one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa :teeth:
I confess to having one :oops: Up here on my Wee Island they run a country music festval over a bank holiday weekend, they come from far and wide (the cowboys I mean) and REALLY take it seriously. They must spend small fortunes on the gear - there are cowboys, indians confererates, yankees, mexican banditos and all the wimmin are southern belles. there are two guys who walk around with black coats and top hats carrying a coffin - they stop people on the street and measure them-up. One guy walks about dressed in red flannel combination long johns !! you know the kind with the "shit flap" at the back wearing his gunbelt over the top !!! The whole thing is a good laugh - the music is shite but the atmosphere is great.

The reason I have the stetson is that the locals join in a bit to make the cowboys feel welcome so the postmen and bus drivers etc all wear cowbpoy hats, you should see the reaction we get with the ambulance responding to a "treble 9" with the crew wearing stetsons.

I take a bit of stick because of my size - they say that from a distance , Wee Me in a HUGE stetson looks like a felt roof zinc clout nail !! (the builders will know what I mean!!).

Can't wait to see the pictures Chad :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts