Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Ride the Sumo!
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's off to pastures new. The twin is going and I'm getting a lovely air-cooled fj1200 to play with. I've really enjoyed my time on the twin but it's time to move on. Keep it sticky side down lads n lasses 馃憤

Reactions: grbeiz

Ride the Sumo!
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think I will regret it. Rode the fj home last night and enjoyed every minute of it. 馃憤

Reactions: grbeiz and een705

Ride the Sumo!
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@futter - the mention of the FJ1200 brings back great memories. I had one from 1987 for 14 years, really loved it, toured all over Europe, what a fantastic bike.

View attachment 166327

Hope you enjoy yours.
@futter - the mention of the FJ1200 brings back great memories. I had one from 1987 for 14 years, really loved it, toured all over Europe, what a fantastic bike.

View attachment 166327

Hope you enjoy yours.
Thanks. It is an 87 model 1tx. Needs a bit of work but it's great 馃憤

Generalissimo Tea Boy
Well, it's off to pastures new. The twin is going and I'm getting a lovely air-cooled fj1200 to play with. I've really enjoyed my time on the twin but it's time to move on. Keep it sticky side down lads n lasses 馃憤
Careful when changing the oil filter. Very easy to
1/ Strip the drain screw in the filter housing, (easier not to use it at all).
2/ Trap cables behind it when refitting the housing. You will know about this when oil comes running out after starting up.

Reactions: futter

Commuter Extraordinaire
So long, Futter - another longstanding xrv-er moves on/disappears 馃檨.... 暮ook in from time to time and be tempted with another @!
Never had an FJ1200, but had its naked cousin, the XJR1200, for a few years and still have my '99 1300 22 yrs on. Great motors that seem to go on forever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts